is it safe.

Me and my hubby always have rough sex. im 18 weeks now and it starting to hurt me is it safe or should i stop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes should not be having rough sex while preg, could hurt the baby... its ok to have sex but dont not rough, you can ask your ob/gyn and they will tell you the same thing cause thats what they told me!
    Anonymous

• If it hurts, then stop and try another position or something a little gentler. Baby is very well cushioned and protected, it's unlikely you could hurt your baby, but if it's hurting it could be doing some damage to YOU, like bumping your cervix (which probably won't cause too many problems other than spotting, but can definately hurt).

As long as it doesn't hurt (in a bad way) then rough sex can actually be a very good perineal massage.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:01 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I'm with Ati...if it's uncomfortable you should ease up a little. And baby is well cushioned. My doc told me to go on with sex as normal unless it becomes uncomfortable then I needed to be more gentle.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:06 PM on May. 9, 2010

• If its hurting you, you need to stop doing it. Find a way to make it more comfortable for you. DH and I usually do too, but it hurts to much during pregnancy.
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 9:19 PM on May. 9, 2010