What do you think of my ex coming to church with us?

Ex had the kids on Easter and went to our church with dd. He fell in love with it and now is starting to show up for the same service as dd and I. We look like a family sitting there. Ex was very abusive when we where married and I decided to divorce him, that was 7 yrs ago. I have no feelings left for him, but he is the father of my children. At every service he has started crying,,,b/c of something the pastor says that hits home for him somehow. I dont know what Im asking exactly, is it wierd that he wants to sit with us in church? leave out the bashing ladies, Im just confused here....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Girl, I dont see anything wrong with him wanting to go to church, Maybe he is trying to turn his life around and this is his way of showing you. Maybe he was really touched with the easter service and wants to no God better.
    Anonymous

• I'd have a hard time sitting with my Ex at church......You can still be loving "friends" towards each other...and you can still support him in hopefully turning his life around. I see nothing wrong with it, if your comfortable with it.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:56 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I think it's great that he is wanting to go to church but I do have issue with him imposing on your church experience. He should ask if you mind and you should be honest if you're not comfortable with it. And it could turn out to be confusing to your dd. Is there any way you could switch services if he continues? But if you don't mind him joining you if your daughter is happy then I don't see anything wrong with it. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:34 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Just let him know from the beginning how you feel, and be supportive, and you could end up with a really good friend!
    Anonymous

• I think it's great!! I wish mine would, with or without me. God bless.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:37 PM on May. 10, 2010