I am upset because i didn't get anything for Mother's Day!

I went out of town for the weekend on a bachlorette party & came home to only cards. I was a little dissapointed. We are doing some remodeling & he told me that he figured that could be my present. My husband is wonderful & lets me buy anything I want but I still was disappointed. He said I was unappreciative! What do you think? then he said that giving me the money for the party could be my present!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• i agree with him, i think you are being very unappreciative; if i had a weekend out partying and came home and he never complained man that would be awesome i would not be complaining about no mothers day girl geez.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I agree! GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I think that the other responses about growing up were kind of immature. I think that it's ok to feel disappointed if you didn't get an actual gift. We all like presents sometimes. But maybe next year, drop a couple of hints! I once said to my boyfriend at the time that it would be a waste of money to get me flowers... but 10 years later, my hubby (same guy) still remembers and honors that. Ouch!
    Anonymous

• just a little greedy on your behalf...i didnt get a weekend of partying, or a remodeled house, hell i didnt even get a freakin card or an i love you....so yeah i agree grow up.
    Anonymous

• Seriously, you went out of town for a bach. party and your complaining that you came home to just cards?
    Anonymous

• Get over yourself!!!!

Anonymous

• Were you the one that just posted about meeting a guy at the bachelorette party you went to this weekend?? I think you really need to get some priorities straight here.
    Anonymous

• REALLY!?! i am a single mom so if I want something, I have to get it for myself...I am just proud that I am in the MOM CLUB...that should be a great enough gift!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:05 PM on May. 9, 2010

• He's right. He sees like a great hubby. He got you a card, which I'm sure was sweet, and is doing all this work for you!!!
    Give him a hug and tell him how lucky you feel that he is yours!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:17 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I think he still could have did more than a card. The renovation benefits everyone not just you. You went out but people go out all the time so how is that a present? A card and a few simple things you like. Maybe dinner would have not been too much to ask.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:36 PM on May. 9, 2010