My son's dad took me out to dinner today for mom's day and bought me beautiful flowers?

we have been broken up fo 2 yrs. We went through courts and everything during this time. Now things are at peace. I think I still care about him. It felt good to go out with him and my son 2day. He even had my son surprise me at the table with flowers. Does this mean he possibly wants me back. I was hoping for the day that he would come to his senses and grow up but since then I moved on and im sure he has too. But do u think he wants me back. This was a beautiful gesture today and Im very impressed. Im just asking , doesnt mean I will take him back....Im a different person now and it probably wouldnt work out even if I did. Just wanted to know what this meant, especially since we had a tumulous breakup.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a good friend, who is a guy. He is divorced and has a son with his ex-wife. He will have his son give his mother flowers, etc... but he doesn't want to get back together with her. Instead, he just wants his son to appreciate the feeling of giving. It is truly a heart-warming gesture... but don't read too much into it. You might only end up getting hurt in the end. If you can develop a terrific friendship with your son's father, and things progress from there... then only time will tell.
    Anonymous

• i would say yes it's the first attempt at courting, let's see if he does it again.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:58 PM on May. 9, 2010

• No, it's mother's day he was doing what he should do and provide the mother of his child with a nice appreciative day. If it was another day and he had made more of an effort I'd say maybe. I think that you're getting more out of it than is really there.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:02 PM on May. 9, 2010

• IDK, I have to disagree with the others. My ex is doing the same kind of things right now and I think it means he is regretting what we went through (before and after the divorce) Its been 8 years for us. If we had stayed together, we would be on our 20 th anniversary. We're both single now and the "lets go out to dinner" nights are happening more and more....

Anonymous