Pork roast

Has anyone ever cooked a pork roast in the crock pot? I bought two 1 1/2lb. roasts today and want to put them in the crock pot tomorrow. How long do you recommend? Also, what would be good sides with those? They are onion garlic BTW. Thanks!

mom2twingirl797

Asked by mom2twingirl797 at 9:43 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• also, do I need to add anything to them while they are cooking? Like a little water or broth or something?
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 9:44 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I always salt and pepper and then sear the sides then put in the crock pot with some pot roast seasoning mix. You can also put your celery, onion (little amount), carrots and potatos in with it. They won't get mushy either and they put more flavor in the roast...they also make water so the roast ends up really moist.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:00 PM on May. 9, 2010

• McCormik seasoning...I couldn't think of the name of the stuff and had to go look :)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:01 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I do pork roasts in the crockpot all the time. I just put the roast in the crockpot, then I add my seasonings, yours is already seasoned, so you may not want to add anymore. I add onion chunks, and either beef broth, apple cider, wine or beer, and let it cook for 6-8 hours. If I cook it this way, I usually use it for french dip sandwiches. Or, I add potatoes, and carrots with the onions, and let it cook to serve as roast.

Another way I love to do it, is to add a bottle of my favorite bbq sauce and let it cook for 6-8 hours and serve as bbq pork sandwiches.

It's also really good if you use a can of enchilada sauce as the liquid, let it cook all day then shred it for burritos or tacos.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:52 AM on May. 10, 2010