• In the Spotlight:

anyone had to deal with a non jury court hearing over child support and paternity?

i have court tomorrow and i have no clue what to expect. Dna already said he is the father when i filed for child support. Im not sure why its going to court? Hes never paid a dime to my son who will be4yrs old soon. He owes all the back child support also. I just need a heads up on what to expect. Im also due in two weeks with his daughter. Has anyone delt with this before?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 9:46 PM on May. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is never a jury in these cases. You go to court bc that's what you do in these cases to make it official. I'd quit having children with this man who is so irresponsible and disrespects you and his children.
    Anonymous

• it's just stamped and then his pay checks should start getting garnished if he doesn't pay in a couple of months
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:55 PM on May. 9, 2010

• He doesnt have a job. With my daughters father they just mailed us a form and we filled it out and mailed it back in. I just dont umderstand why i have to go to court with him?
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 10:29 PM on May. 9, 2010