Is Mother's Day really that big of a deal?

I just wondered because I am a mother every other day of the year and don't get upset when I don't get anything because my DD was the best gift of all.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:31 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• I dont think it should be about the gifts. I dont really give a crap about gifts because like I have said and will always say, the best gift is seeing my son smile and laugh. However it IS nice to have one day where people other than your child or partner gives you praise for being a momma. For example, all the women on here today were saying Happy Mother's Day to complete strangers. Neighbors said Happy Mother's Day. Family members and friends said Happy Mother's Day. Its just nice to feel appreciated and get some attention for being a mother from the other people around you. Thats just my opinion. But yeah, I dont care about gifts.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 10:44 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Good point AdensMommy! That is nice as well.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:46 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I am all for recognizing the amazing work of mothers everywhere. I'm glad that you have the luxury to take it for granted. But to all those moms who go unappreciated on a daily basis, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:01 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I think the holiday is stupid just like Valentines Day.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:03 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Busimommi...I was more meaning the women who get really upset for not getting a huge gift and such. I agree that we all need recognized but not acting like we need paid for doing what we as women willingly do.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:38 PM on May. 9, 2010