rug deodorizer

how do i get rid of dog pee smell in my rug?

mouse1085

Asked by mouse1085 at 10:31 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Is it a rug you can pull up and wash? if so, wash in vinegar.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:35 PM on May. 9, 2010

• the powder deodorizer ruined my vacume i dont recommend it...
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:42 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Spray the rug with a water and vinegar solution. Vinegar is a great deodorizer.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:43 PM on May. 9, 2010

• My carpet guys swear by ODOBAN. I bought mine at Sam's Club but Walmart has it too. They have some in the pet aisle.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on May. 9, 2010

• What color is your carpet? I usually just pour a little diluted bleach on mine, but it's white, so it don't show.
    Anonymous

• Nature's Miracle is an enzyme based cleaner you can buy at Petsmart and it works. Use cold water when you clean with it always. It removes the urine stain and smell.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:38 PM on May. 9, 2010

• thanks for the help, i'm gonna try the vinegar then the nature's miracle, then odoban
    mouse1085

Answer by mouse1085 at 9:19 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Get Serious is another good enzymatic cleaner. Or try Odor Mute. I swear by it. I sprayed it on my courtyard after my dog peed there for several months. Totally got rid of the smell. It's an enzymatic cleaner you mix with water that gets rid of organic smells.

Keep in mind that enzymatic cleaners have to come in direct contact with the smell. So, if you use vinegar or another cleaner beforehand, there is a chance an enzymatic cleaner won't work. It's best to try that first and vinegar or carpet cleaner after.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:01 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I have 3 dogs and 9 cats - and the only thing that I have found that really works for odors is Natures Miracle - ORANGE - the other Nature Miracles don't work as well - to remove pet stains I use a product called Sol-U-Mel - totally takes out the stains. Good luck.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:36 AM on May. 13, 2010

• 9 cats? I am sorry but I cannot imagine how your house must smell. Even the cleanest person could not keep up with the God awful odor of 9 cats worth of cat crap! And the hair...yikes!
    Anonymous