Is this normal?? Please help, I'm getting worried..

I am 7 months pregnant and for a week or so now I have had a terrible back ache. I have had some strong contractions every night for two to three nights now. My back ache is at its worst when I go to bed at night. I am having some ankle/feet swelling.

My baby also dropped about three days ago already. I am feeling a lot more pressure as well.

I have been overly tired the past week.

I didn't have any of these issues with my daughter. Is this normal?

I HAVE A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT TOMORROW!

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 10:49 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've only had one so I don't know how helpful I can be...but by the time I was 7 months i could only wear flip flops and even getting out of bed was a struggle. I didn't drop that soon though but was having a horrible back ache for the last 2 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:58 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Not sure about the baby dropping, but I know I had horrible back pain also then. The contractions could just be braxton hicks. Just wait and see what the doctor says i know how it seems like forever and you just want some reassurance but tomorrow isn't that far away, congrats on the baby, and good luck!
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:02 PM on May. 9, 2010

• i had awful back aches with my dd, and it turned into back labor. my back has never been the same. but i had back problems before i got pregnant.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:10 PM on May. 9, 2010

• i hope the dr appointment went well for you today. imo, if you are having contractions, you should stop what you are doing, go to the bathroom, drink a big glass of water and lay down. if this stops the contractions then that is great. you can see a chiropractor for back pain, but they can't stop a premature labor! sometimes, taking care of one child while pregnant with another can be very hard. you have much more responsibility for this pregnancy than you did the last one. most information on braxton hicks contractions is that they are the body's way of practicing for labor. my personal experience has been that i get the bh when i am doing too much physically, or even if too much emotionally is going on.
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:42 AM on May. 10, 2010