Advice on smiling..PLEASE

Mt dd was born at 37.5 weeks and she is 8 weeks tomorrow. Her first smile wasin the 5 week area, and smiled every few days until 7 weeks. At 7 weeks we got a couple smiles a day and thats it. She is 8 weeks tomorrow and like I said, we get maybe 2-4 smiles a day. My son was SO smiley when he was her age.Every pic was a huge grin from him. Otherwise, she is doing well. She makes great eye contact, coos and tracks objects well. The only other thing is she still has jerky movement and she had the cross eyed thing going on from birth and it is now finally going away. Advice please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A genuine smile doesn't occur until around 6 months. up to that point it's really just gas. They aren't aware enough about the world around them to have that particular expression just yet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:02 PM on May. 9, 2010

• My son is that way too. He hardly smiles. Hes very serious and intellectual type. If she does it here and there i wouldnt worry. Especially if everything else is going well. He is tem months now and is actually ahead developmentally. Always has been. I wouldnt worry.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:02 PM on May. 9, 2010

• my niece was like that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:15 PM on May. 9, 2010

• i watch a baby who is six weeks old and has a million smiles. It is happens to be how some kids are. Don't fret too much. Maybe she has a lot on her mind. Or perhaps she is a more serious minded baby.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:45 PM on May. 9, 2010