**Just for fun**

Is it me or does every believer have a collection of bibles in every translation stashed away at home to cross reference? I came into my walk with one bible I now have five. What is you favorite translation and why; and what do you have in your collection? For me my favorite was NIV [which I have two of], but I have KJV,NKJV, and my new favorite "The word of Yahweh" it is written like the KJV, but with all original names and titles restored. Just want to see if this was true. Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 11:04 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i have a KJV family Bible, NASB, NIV, English Standard, and a handful of study/devo Bibles. they were all gifts or were used as text books in my college Bible classes. i prefer the NASB cause it's easier to read, but i rarely use them cause biblegateway.com is so much easier than trying to look up something myself haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:55 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I don't just cause I can't afford it but I have every one on my comp.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:11 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I have an ancient KJV that belonged to my great great grandmother, at least one NIV, and a NASB that I use now. DH has a greek and hebrew each.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:13 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I have faith... but do not consider myself to be a true-believer. Guess what! I have 5 of them too!! LOL, isn't that funny?

I like my women's devotional bible. I don't pull it out often though.
    Anonymous

• Revised Standard Version, Living Bible, and NIV.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:24 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Our chosen, everyday translation is NASB, but we also have NIV (that's what they use at DS's school), TNIV, NKJV, and hubby has a Greek New Testament that he pulls out occasionally.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:30 AM on May. 10, 2010

• NIV, NKJV, KJV, NASB, NLT, The Message, Amplified. The Aussie Bible
    I want to get : The Street Bible, Dake Bible, The Inclusive Bible, The Peoples Bible, The New Jerusalem Bible, Da Jesus Book ( pidgin bible) and there is a couple more but cannot remember the names off hand.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• ummm..i have NIV and Amplified...no reason why, its just ended up that way.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:50 AM on May. 10, 2010

• when I was growing up we had 3 different ones I think.. and no I can't remember which ones. However biblegateway.com pretty much has a good majority of them for those that are looking for more.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:12 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Yes I agree bible gateway is a great! But sometimes it is easier to look up things where it had failed. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:44 AM on May. 10, 2010