Have you been told that your child looks older/younger than his/her actual age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on May. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, DD is very tall so everyone things she's almost two .. and shes really not even one yet.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:10 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Yes, he's 15, but most take him for about 10 or 11 years old.
    Anonymous

• Yes, all three of my kids look younger.

My 11 year old looks 7 or 8

My 6 yo (special needs) looks 2 or 3 at the most

My -almost- 5 yo looks 3 (but I have been told by strangers, and DFACS that he speaks like he is 6yo. So people are shocked when he starts talking)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:16 PM on May. 9, 2010

• yes my 14month old daughter because she has so much hair she looks older but that is going to happen because if she starts growing and is tall like me she is going to have the problem i had. i was always looked at as older because of my height. she is tiny though so she might be small.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:26 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Dd looks older. At 15 mos people thought she was 2, now at 2.5 people think she's 4!! She 27lbs and 36" tall... She's as tall as most 4 yo and her hair has always been long. It's down to her butt now so a lot of people think she's older because of her height and hair... I used to bother me but I've gotten used to it now!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:35 PM on May. 9, 2010

• yes my daughter is 2 1/2 and looks alot older so we get it alot.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:38 PM on May. 9, 2010

• My daughter is 13 months and looks about 9 months. She is a shorty =) Everyone who sees her walking around say to me that they can't believe such a young baby is walking and I'm always responding "She's over a year old". People are shocked when I say her age.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:00 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My son is 2.5, he is often taken for about 4. My older son is almost 5, and I once was asked why he wasn't in school. Uhhh, because he's only 4? I look younger than my age, apparently. I was 26 and was told that I shouldn't have had children so young. Asked how old he thought I was. He figured I couldn't be much older than 16, lol. I was like, thanks, but you're off by ten years. You should have seen that look of shock.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:41 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My son is 4, but he is small for his age so I usually get asked if he's a year younger.
    punkmama27

Answer by punkmama27 at 12:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• More then one person has thought my oldest son was my brother. One lady went so far as to refer to me as his wife & she thought his little sister (she's 3) was our child! (for reference here my son is 19 & I am 39)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:12 AM on May. 10, 2010