anyone else feel the way I do - Mothers day simply isnt worth my time

Unless someone is willing to BE me or if they would hire someone to do my work.... a day off really isnt worth my time. I took the day off... they treated me like a queen. And now Im looking at ALLLLL the stuff I have to do tomorrow. Tomorrow my work will be doubled because I took today off. Really it isnt worth it to me to do this every year. Either we have to give up mothers day or a couple of these kids... I simply have too much to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Really it's just another day...I am a mother the other 364 days of the year
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:20 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Well, maybe instead of letting them treat you like a queen all day, you should have asked DH & the kids to pitch in and do your chores for you, then it would truly have been a holiday for you. This is why my DH does, he does whatever chores I had scheduled for that day, plus took care of our kids and the pets, etc. I got to relax, catch up on some reading, work on my hobbies, etc. without constant interruption or feelings of guilt because x, y & z needed to be done. It was great!
    Anonymous

• I see your point, but I don't see Mothers Day as a day off or a day to be treated like a queen. The normal Day stuff goes on, it is just that my hubby and kids take the time to acknowledge that I'm doing a good job. I still get in and do housework, discipline and cook, it's never occurred to me that I should take the whole day off being a Mom, as that is what the day is actually celebrating. That said, it is a Hallmark created event, from a cynics point of view, it is a manufactured event, created purely so Hallmark had another opportunity to produce guilt laden cards for us to feel pressured into buying. Only people who actually benefit really is the gift and paper industry... LOL
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:24 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Hahaha.  I know.  It is such a crock to me.  I don't even take the day off.  I've learned.  My husband & kids have cooked for me in the past & what I got was gross food & a huge mess!  I do find that on Mothers Day the kids are more willing to do what I ask, ussually, and today they did my laundry chores for me.  But I'll stick to the cooking, thanks very much.  II don't want that mess. 

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:27 PM on May. 9, 2010

• We got together with family and had a BBQ, its the first time my mother sister and myself have been together all as mothers it was great, we just see it as that and that alone, its not a big hoopla with expensive gifts or anything like that its just a family day.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:36 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I am always amazed at the family get togethers...to celeabrate mother's day....only to find all the women STILL IN THE KITCHEN!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Its worth it to me because my kids are still little. I have a 5 year old daughter and 4 year old twins, a boy and girl. I lounge around the house all day with my kids watching cartoons and playing silly games while my boyfriend doted on me and my mom came over and finished my laundry for me and my sister took care of my work stuff (we own a small company together) and then for my mom, sister, and various other mommies in the family we had a big dinner at my parents house where we made the boys cook and clean. I'm sure when my kids are older and I still have all my work to do it won't be as special but I'll still make sure to set aside a little time for my babies. My aunt celebrates in a very simple way - her son buys her flowers and takes her out for either lunch or dinner depending on when he has to work and her daughter sends her jewelry (since she lives out of state).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on May. 10, 2010