Eck. Bloody show...ooorrr...

I know, I know...people ask this question every five minutes but I never read the answers because I generally have very little interest in cervical mucus. BUT...here it goes: I'm 37 weeks, been cramping off and on today and the baby's head feels so low that when I stand up from sitting it feels like he's literally going to fall out of me. Today and yesterday the (forgive me) CM has been heavier than normal (even for being pregnant) but it's not thick or yellow and it does not resemble snot. Just NOW, I noticed a slight tinge of blood for two wipes, that's it...still not snot just clear/white and slippery just more than normal. Sooo...that doesnt' count as the "bloody show" right? There must be mucus too, correct? I need one more week people!!! One more week to save and get living money for when he's born, and to clean my filthy house!!!

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 11:19 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds ike part of the mucus plug
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:20 PM on May. 9, 2010

• Noooo! Everything I read says losing the mucus plug usually signals labor comes within DAYS not WEEKS...and I'm going to need until the 17th at least!!! LOL. I know, not my call, eh? But I was hoping...
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:24 PM on May. 9, 2010

• you can lose part of the mucus plug and it actually can regenerate itself... it can be a lot longer than days.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:26 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I lost my plug 3 weeks before DD was born so don't worry about labor coming tomorrow..It does sound like your mucous plug but it is not a sure sign of labor.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:56 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I lost my plug over and over again for 2-3 months. The blood could just be from an irritated cervix if that helps make you feel better. My bloody show was actual bleeding and started 24hrs before I had my DD and got worse and I got closer.
    Early congrats!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:29 AM on May. 10, 2010