what's with all the whining about Mothers Day?

So many comments on here tonight are whining about crappy mother's day. How would you feel if your DH got on line and carried on like that about your effort on Fathers Day? Do you really treat him like a King on Fathers Day, does he get the whole day all to himself with absolutely no responsibility with family. Mothers Day is to celebrate Motherhood, and yet so many are whining that they actually had to spend the day with their kids, looking after their kids. I don't get it. If I get a smile and a "thanks" from my DH it's enough, why do you need the full princess treatment? What's the message you send your kids - "I'm such a special Mom that the very best way I can think of celebrating that is to not be a mother for the day". ? And yet on Fathers Day we say its about Fathers and kids and say they should spend it with their kids??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• some "ladies" just feel entitled, I guess.
    Anonymous

• Because it's Mother's day and a new day to complain about something that happens once a year LOL! But I'm with you on this...I willingly got pregnant knowing what was to come from it. I had my DD on mother's day. That was the greatest gift i could get. Each year, I get to remember the look on her face when I first saw her. That's enough for me. Although a "Way to go, MOM" is good too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:41 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I don't get it either. Instead of depending on someone else to make you happy, do it yourself. If you want flowers, buy yourself some dang flowers! If you want to go out for dinner, then go out for dinner! It doesn't have to be a 5 star restaurant somewhere, you can eat anywhere! If you can't afford it, and you know you can't, then save up for it, and do it on another day. Mother's Day is simply a day. You, as a Mom, can make ANY day Mother's Day.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:55 PM on May. 9, 2010

• My hubby is out of town and I had to spend all day with my boys and as hectic and crazy it was I loved every minutes of it, I'm a mother and proud of it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:03 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Because I didn't even get a 'Thank You' - I think I got less parental help today that I do on a normal day. Because my husbands a douchebag. And screw you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 10, 2010

• LOL well this is just an idea, but maybe calling him a douchebag is not the most helpful thing!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on May. 10, 2010

• i understnad that and have seen that too. my dh and i didnt have any extra money so with the money we did have we brought flowers for his mom and mine. he said he was sorry he couldnt get me anything. but all i wanted was to be with my family and we were. i dont need to be brought anything. i did like that my dh took on more of kids then he normally does so i could just sit back and enjoy myself. but even if he hadnt done that i wouldnt have said anything cuz im a mom, no matter what the day or holiday is. yes sometimes i want to pull out my hair and think i need a break, lol, but i love them!
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 7:28 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I got kisses and hugs from my grandchildren....Nothing better than that!
    Anonymous

• I noticed some women treat it as Christmas and "what can I get?" Not me...my kids are grown and have their own bills to pay. I dont need them spending their hard earned money on me to 'prove' their love. I saw both of my kids on and off all weekend...my son tended to my garden some, my daughter was here Sat night and helped me make dinner, my daughter in law and granddaughter were here last night. Thats all I needed!

Oh and hubby got me some plants and flowers for my gardens..and potting soil! I was in heaven! Doesnt take much to thrill me.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 3:56 PM on May. 10, 2010