Would you hire Jo Frost as your SuperNanny ?

I've seen the series only a couple of times.
Even if I had all the money of the world I wouldn't hire her because I think that her techniques are inappropriate. And since she doesn't have children of her own I'd doubt her judgment.
What do you think of her "ways"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on May. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• The kids on that show blow my mind, I love to watch cause then I don't feel like mine are so bad lol. I think she has lots of good ideas I have no problem with her. The only thing I don't do is ask for an appology after a time out. I think a forced appology is stupid. I instead ask my children why they are in timeout and what a better choice of behavior would have been.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:35 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I have bootlegged a couple things from her and kids or not, they worked. I don't have the money to hire her but she does have some good advice on certain things.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:48 PM on May. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't need to my child doesn't give me any trouble. I can't believe some of the things on that show!

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:02 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I can't believe some of the things on that show!

Producers would do anything to attract viewers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 10, 2010

• she does have kids she was prego a while ago. no i wont hire her, she wouldnt be able to fix my kids
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:10 AM on May. 10, 2010

• If I had some difficulties in my discipline methods, I'd hire her. I especially like how she doesn't promote spanking or any other form of corporal punishment.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:35 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Just out of curiosity, why do you think her techniques are inappropriate?
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:48 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I prefer to raise my own kids. If the "parents" on that show actually parented their kids. They would never get that bad in the first place. I doubt any of her techniques work beyond the show. You can't undo years of bad behavior in the course of a few days.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:47 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Answered at 11:02 PM on May. 9, 2010 by: BlooBird
    I wouldn't need to my child doesn't give me any trouble. I can't believe some of the things on that show!

Ever? Must be nice to have a perfect kid.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 8:43 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I think a forced appology is stupid.

**************

I think it's training for the real world. When you wrong someone, you should apologize, whether or not you feel forced. If I accidently step on someone's toe, it's appropriate to apologize (for example).
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:25 PM on May. 10, 2010