husband problems/ what do you think???

its been a while since my husband acts weird. Idk if im overeacting! But he just dont put attention to me anymore. Theres been times when he is laying down and i try to get on him to kiss him and he will get an attitude. He is always mad, i like to call him through out the day to see how his day is going and he gets an attitude because i call. On friday we went on a date and dressed up just for him, i put on a cute dress with heels, and he told me i looked like a dead beat hoodrat, i ofcourse got mad and he said it was just a joke. Things have just been diffrent, even people notice he is always mad and dont put attention to me any more. I have talked to him so many times!! Im getting tired of it! i have talked to a very good friend of mine and she said that every relationship is like this, and that since we been together for 5 yrs and we have to kids, it gets more difficult and as years go by the "Spark" starts to go away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• im in your same shoes i have been with my hubby for 5years and have a son and another on the way, hes always mad! my friends have quit coming around because of the way he acts. i wish i could help but i know how you are Feeling!!
    Hope things get better........... maybe its just men!!!!!!!!!
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 12:10 AM on May. 10, 2010

• You need to ask him what his damn problem is...he owes you an explanation. Thant hoodrat comment was mean and un called for.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:11 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I'd be annoyed too if you called me all day.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:12 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Not every relationship is like that ! My hubby makes me feel like a queen.

You need to talk w/ your DH about this, and let him know how you feel. Maybe he's got some stress at work or something else that has nothing to do w/ you. But either or you have to comunicate or it's gonna build up to much more.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 12:18 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree with Nynne. I have been married for 14 years now, and my husband has NEVER treated me that way. He is always telling me how great I look, how he finds me attractive, showing affection. Don't get me wrong, we have our arguments (mainly when one of us is being lazy and not putting effort into anything), but no, not all relationships are like yours. You need to give him ONE chance. You tell him that you feel unappreciated, unloved, and unattractive and if he truly feels that way, or if he can't change the way he acts to you, then he needs to get out. That's his choice then. I wish you the best of luck, but girl you might be better off without him. Find somebody who's going to appreciate you for who you are and make you feel like the queen you deserve to feel like.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:19 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I've been married for a while and my DH always tells me I look nice even when I just woke up. He is a gentlemen and if anything is wrong it's your DH. Don't think it's you because he is the one acting up. If you're trying to connect and he is pushing you away then he is the one who needs to change things around or be straight up with his feelings.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:50 AM on May. 10, 2010

• The only thing I can see that I can really say is on you is the calling him during the day. I assume he's working, and I would think that would get kind of annoying after a while, to be trying to work and have someone calling just to see how things are going. The getting on him to kiss him....I know my boyfriend would get annoyed if I just grabbed him and kissed him (like putting my hand on the back of his neck and pulling him to me), maybe your hubby feels this way and feels you're forcing him? If that's the way he feels, I'll admit that he should handle it better, but maybe you could start there on that one, and see what he says. The hoodrat comment is totally out of line and he needs to apologize for that one, no questions asked. I would sit down with him, though, and try to talk to him about all this. Ask him why he does those things, and see what he says. Don't accuse, just ask. Tell him you need to know how he feels.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:30 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My impression is your smothering him, and that's how he is retaliating by being hurtful. Back off and be a little less available. I don't like playing games in a relationship, but  it seems your always in his face or on the phone, so give him some space and if things don't change, than I'd be gone. Good luck

zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:53 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Maybe many relationships go through adjustments but not all are full of anger. I think I'd try to talk to him about his anger issues if he wasn't like that before. Maybe he's worried about the economy and providing for his family. Maybe he's just angry about what's going on in life in general.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 AM on May. 10, 2010

• On one side I can see that maybe he is irritated because he feels like you are smothering him. Calling throughout the day, being all over him when he gets home, it can be irritating if it feels like you are too clingy - whether you mean it that way or not. I would say maybe call just once during the day, when you know he has a break or something, so you are not interrupting his work. I know I don't like to be interrupted at work, but it doesn't mean I don't love husband. Also, on the other side, no I do not think that a good marriage is full of anger, or that it just gets worse and that the spark goes away - that is not a good marriage and not how it should be. I've been with my husband for five years and our spark is stronger than ever, and we are never angry at each other. I've been married before for 9 years and we had anger and no spark and lots of issues so we divorced.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:14 PM on May. 10, 2010