Please help (really upset)

i went for a ultrasound three days ago not knowing how far along i was and they scared me she rushed out of the room bringing in another woman they did a regular ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound, i asked if everything was okay and she told me we arnt allowed to answer i called my doctors office wanting the results and she told me im almost 61/2 weeks im due dec 29th and not to get upset but there was no heart beat and a yoke sack?? whats a yoke sack? anyways i think im farther along than that and i have to go to another ultrasound in 2weeks im really upset and scared i had mirena iud tooken out march 1st of this yr and feel like i got pg a week and a half later should i be worried???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• also i keep getting sharp pains one both sides of my belly and in the middle they will shoot upwards?? and @ the ultrasound they just kept looking at my overies?? my 1st child i didnt find out until i was 7months pg test urine or blood worked i even had a doc tell me i was going threw the change, this time it showed right up!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on May. 10, 2010

• The yolk sac is the baby's food source before the placenta. It usually disappear around 8 weeks. If you had the mirena taken out before the pregnancy, you shouldn't have a problem. Sometimes it can't be seen on the monitor and that's why you are getting another ultrasound to be sure.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 1:05 AM on May. 10, 2010

• thank you im just really worried and so happy to be blessed to having another baby!! i just want him/her to be healthy:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 10, 2010

• No heartbeat at this stage isn't a great sign, particularly if you believe you are actually further along. When I did IVF they checked at 7 wks for a heartbeat. If it isn't there, there's no viable pregnancy. By almost 7 wks they should be able to see a sac with another smaller sac aside it- even if it can't detect the heartbeat yet, those two structures should be visible. I am so sorry, but I don't think it is going to be good news.I am very concerned about the pains you are having & that is a clue as to why they were looking at your ovaries. An ectopic pregnancy will give a positive result but they wouldn't find any evidence in the womb. The pains can be the fallopian tubes rupturing. If the pains are not like any you've had before or getting worse you MUST go to the ER or to call an ER or your Dr right away, I'm not joking, or trying to scare you, but ectopics can kill you very quickly Please don't wait. XXX
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:36 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Anytime they tell you that they are not allowed to give a diagnosis that only the doctor can tell you what it means, just sit there and say so bring in the doctor. They should NEVER send you home without an explaination. Don't let anyone treat you like that. If the doctor isn't in then he/she should be reachable by phone. NO one should be treated like that. Don't take it. Make a fuss! good luck. I hope everything is okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 10, 2010

• If you had NO heart beat they should have told you to go to the hospital l&D to MAKE SURE.I was told EVERYTHING at my appointments.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:26 AM on May. 10, 2010

• It is NOT abnormal to not see a heartbeat at 6.5 weeks! It's BARELY detectable at 6 weeks! You're just going to have to sit tight and wait until the next ultrasound. Hang in there sweetie!.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 10:13 AM on May. 10, 2010