Not fun...just scared no one was in pets so i posted here help,

Cat Pregnancy .....
I adopted a cat whom gave me the papers saying she was fixed we had her for about 6 months and now we see babys moving and she is restless she looks older than 6 months as they said also, etc she is restless she eating still playful but sleeping alot and nesting she doesnt like the box we made for her she is licking herself a little more her nipples are pink and a lil fluid.....whats going on??

I know she is a great pet, we didn't think this would happen,
She only was outside when me and the kid's were and never left ourside until my husband found she was sneaking out the basement window, !!

Taking her to the vet in a couple of days or so...
If she doesn't have them by then...but...i am not sure she looks like a basketball and she has dropped

We fixed the window and after this SHE WILL be fixed and indoor only no matter how much she likes climbing tree's she is clingy and affectionate

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 1:47 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She is going to be okay. She will probably deliver within the next few days. I've never had a cat accept the box that I had set up for them. I do put the kittens and momma in a huge box after the kittens are born so that I can keep an eye on them and there has never been a problem with it. I've had a lot of experience with kittens being born only because we tend to adopt a lot of the strays around us and they usually come to us pregnant. After the kittens are weaned we get her fixed and we usually find her a good home (and she stays at our house being spoiled until we do find her a good home). Just keep an eye on her and wait for a little bit because she is getting ready to give birth. Enjoy having kittens in the house for a little while and remember to breath.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:33 AM on May. 10, 2010

• You can and will do this momma...after all you have given birth yourself! Cats have been known to crawl into tight disgusting places to give birth to their litter,,,you guys will be just fine, thank goodness she has you right now. If the babies come, they come, but you are right its best to get her to the vet to see how far along she is,,..,..good luck Grandma! Everything is going to be ok!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 10, 2010

• HAHAHAHAHA that made me smile...
    posting a picture of her on my website bigger than a football
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:56 AM on May. 10, 2010

• oh Momma, she'll be okay, she will probably find a dark spot to get into, you might find it best to confine her to one room and let her have access to the cupboard or somewhere dark. She will know what to do, my only advise is to stay close when she is birthing, but try to not touch the babies unless they are in trouble, she needs her smell on them, no-one elses. Good luck and PICS please when they arrive.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:29 AM on May. 10, 2010

• when our cat was ready to deliver, she turned away from any "boxes" we made for her. She ended up sneaking into my daughters dresser drawer after she left it half open one morning getting ready for school. My DD was SO shocked and thrilled that she chose her dresser, but she was a little bummed that it happened while she was at school!! Luckily, we were ready to ditch the dresser anyway, so we just let her have that drawer for her kittens, and when they got big enough we moved them to a basket in the laundry room.

Your kitty is probably ready to pop at any minute. Like the others said, she'll seek out a dark and secluded spot. Someplace closed in. I think that is instinct to find a tight spot so the kittens will be safer from predators and it will be easier for her to keep them all together.

Good Luck!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:28 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Try to be with her when she has them in case she needs help. Some kitties get overwhelmed with labor,especially if the babies come real close together.If she looks like she's having problems breaking the sacs,take the kitten from her and rub the baby with a towel to stimulate breathing and to dry it off.You can then put it to a nipple.Its ok to have your scent on them. If there are any stillbirths you can dispose of them before she gets upset or tries to eat them.Let her eat the placenta,she'll need the nutrients.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:25 AM on May. 10, 2010

•  Now the deed is done i took her to the vet today they say. 1 days...3 days...less than a week... So i am a grandmother....at 27, We will of course find homes for the babies. 99% of all natural cat births unassisted are fine, i had cats when i was young i helped in many deliveries with my dad, I hope it all turns well, Both myself and the vet agreed the x ray wasn't necessary Marley Jones is big as a basketball. Me and the felt at least 4 or 5. we will see.... Wish us luck thank you so much all of you  i will try to find a small dresser ...or somthing in the garbage or somthing hahaha

but heck ours are new...

It has pictures here below

CHECK out my journal as of how she stole my <3

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:47 PM on May. 10, 2010