I get sad

I've been a mom for almost 2 years now and I still have times when I look at my little ones and just want to cry...for no apparent reason. I think about them when I'm at work and I miss them. I look at how far they've come since being born at 34 weeks and want to cry. Why does everything make me want to cry? I should be HAPPY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im the same way, I find myself crying over every little thing. Like I cried the other day because my son fell and scraped his arm. but I dont know if it was because I had a hard pregnancy & labor, and it took so much to get him here, or if it really just is a mixture of depression and bi polar. But either way as mothers, no matter how our kids act, were gonna miss them, and want them near, even when we want a break. or at least thats how I feel lol .

colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 1:56 AM on May. 10, 2010

• ITs cause you work. I worked too through out my pregnancies and went back to work when they where 3 and 2 months. It sucks,,it totally sucks. To me it is the depression that no one talks about, it is an ache that hurts beyond words, being away from our babies and leaving them with a sitter. On my day off, which was during the week, I would just sit there with a video camera and film my kids, just to capture the moment. So I know how you feel....no one ever talks about this though, it is a horrible,,sad secret for those of us that work full time...hugs to you,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I am the same way... I love my 2 yr old daughter more than I imagined was possible!! I am very thankful to be a stay at home mom (but that might have to change soon) I was suffering from more than just crying at everything... i was very emotional, hormonal... i actually started to look things up on the good ol' internet and turns out that i was peri-menopausal... so now i am on the pill and that is helping (a little) so be sure to really look at your sadness, is it anything else?? 

it is sad to see our little ones grow... to lose our 'babies' but we gain toddlers -> kids->teens-> grown-ups... oh now i am crying... but tears of happiness, tears of love, tears of joy!!

maybe your heart is so full of love for your children that it just leaks a little ... 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on May. 10, 2010

• maybe your heart is so full of love for your children that it just leaks a little ... LOVE THAT!!!
    I still get teary looking at mine and they are 16,14,12 and 5. I can't believe I get to do this, I can't believe we made them, I'm sad and miss the little boy who is now 16 and I am in LURVE with the young man emerging. I can't believe how pretty and sweet-hearted my 14 yr old is and I am damn proud of my 12yr olds stubbornish and unwillingness to accept less than a fair deal for herself It's okay to be teary, we Mommy's have our hearts walking around outside us all day long, it is sometimes so bittersweet it aches.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:24 AM on May. 10, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with this. Our kids make us feel so many emotions, and it's perfectly normal. As previous poster said, alot of it may have to do with the fact that your working. I worked 12 hour days (sometimes longer) when my daughter was a baby and those little sob moments would hit me out of no where. All of the sudden my baby was 10 months old, learning to walk, saying actual words, and I wondered where the time went. She is 3 years old and I am now a stay at home mother with 2 children, and I often wish I could go back in time and be able to stay home with my daughter as well so that I could watch these things as they developed. Don't let the emotions bug you, you love your children and thats something to be damn proud of ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:03 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I know what you mean. I love seeing them grow up but don't want them to grow up! I'm glad that I am blessed with a stay at home job so I can always be with my kids. When my son was born I hated the idea of not being able to see every little new thing he learned before every one else got to see it. So I quit working so I could stay home with them. Just try to enjoy every moment with them that way when they are all grown up you will at least be able to say you spent every moment that you could with them! Good Luck!!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 8:06 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Crying is a show of extreme emotion, not only sadness....maybe you are just overwhelmed with love for them and even joy! Do you feel sadness or just emotion? I have had this talk with my son who has a lot of anxiety--sometimes he thinks he is anxious when he is really excited because the physical feeling is the same! So, this is true of feeling "emotional" which can be sadness or something else.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:38 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My son is only 16 months old and I stayed home with him til he was 13 months old and then I went to work at my friends in home daycare and he comes with me and i still cry a lot when I look at him. I just love my lil guy so much! Its totally normal to cry thinking of your lil one :) Just means ya love them greatly!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:07 PM on May. 10, 2010