why does my daughter want one boob over the other??

its not an everyday thing where she wants the right one. she switch off, ill take a boob out and shell tap the other one and say "baa" (boob) and she wont nurse until she gets that one?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:54 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• oh and then sometimes shell be nursing on one side for a few minutes then just get up and tap the other to take it out. is my milk flow just not as much as it used to be since i dont nurse as much? and she wants a "fresh boob" with a "fresher flow" LOL!!!

this is a totally serious quesiton. Thanks!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:55 AM on May. 10, 2010

• lol maybe sometimes the flow in one breast is more then the other...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:57 AM on May. 10, 2010

• It may be that, I mean my son was still an infant, but I could see that he was taking preference over my boobs, and come to find out, I was getting clogged [the stage RIGHT before the pain LOL) and after I was treated, I lost supply in that boob, so maybe its that, or maybe your just loosing the supply to one breast.
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 1:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• but its not one boob she chooses ALL the time lol its this feeding shell favor the right next will be the left or vice versa. its so weird! its like when she eats one boob and sucks all the milk out she knows and releases it and taps the next one.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:01 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My DD is 12 Months old and does the same thing. She switches when it stops coming out as fast. Prolly a way to slowly self wean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on May. 10, 2010

• thats possible, plus when your supply gets low babies will nurse more to increase it, pretty instinctual. and if she is old enough to communicate that she has finished one then it saves you time trying to figure it out.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:14 AM on May. 10, 2010

• my daughter did that at first when she was like a month or to would spit out my right boob and would not nurse off that one so i just keep nursing her off the left well i come to think of it now i got that boob infection thing i for get what its called ur bodie hurts and u get a feaver well come to find out that that drys ur milk out and some times make it go bad so i think it might of made that one side go bad but i just took my 15 month old off the boobie couse of the size diffrence of my boobs a D and a C
    BrItTnEyStEeL

Answer by BrItTnEyStEeL at 2:25 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Maybe it's not about your breast or the milk. Maybe it's just the way you're holding her? When your baby goes from nursing as an infant to nursing as a toddler, you start to hold them differently (of course because they're bigger) and maybe your little one is getting uncomfortable with the way you're holding her and thinks if you switch to the other side she'll get more comfortable.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:01 AM on May. 10, 2010