what do you think is a good age difference in siblings?

I very much want to have another child. so does my SO weve been together for 4 years have a 15 month old DD. we have stable income, we plan on moving into a house when our lease is up here in nov. so we have more space for our family to grow. i think 2-3 years apart is a good difference, im just curious what others feel?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:59 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 4 kiddoes born 25mths apart, 21 months apart, and then almost 6 yrs apart. I don't think there is an ideal time, but I would say that I found having another baby with the prior one under 2 yr was hard. They are still babies themselves and really cannot possibly understand why they have to wait for the baby to finish feeding etc. I felt like I was making her grow up too quick, I got cross when it wasn't her fault...not a great time.
    I loved LOVED loved the 5 yr gap, it was like having a first baby again with none of the stress. I knew what I was doing ( having already had 3) , the other kids were all big enough to tell me what was wrong or to get a drink ( and two were old enough to make sandwiches if necessary), and were at school all day so I could give the baby my attention and really enjoy her without feeling guilty. **sigh** I miss it alot
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 5:15 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Around 2 years or so is the minimum suggested gap so that you can give the new baby enough attention.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 6:20 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I like 3 yrs apart.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 6:33 AM on May. 10, 2010

• 22 months was the age difference between my little boys, and I found it really well because the elder isn't jealous of his baby brother and loves him like crazy!
    andrea770

Answer by andrea770 at 6:48 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Had mine close in age.
    Kai ~ 11-03
    Victoria ~ 10-04
    Everleigh ~ 8-06
    Mason ~ 12-08
    Kai and V were harder on me than the diff in Everleigh and Mason but it wasnt that bad either way. We are thinking of trying to have another soon.
    Kourt_Mom2KVEM

Answer by Kourt_Mom2KVEM at 6:52 AM on May. 10, 2010

• When we were planning our family. I read that 3 years was a good gap. They weren't babies anymore themselves, they'd had time to be the baby and get the attention that a baby needs, yet they aren't so far apart that they can't play together.

Answer by Bmat at 7:02 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Well I like my kids to be about 1 yr. My siblings and I were and my greatest memories are of playing with my brother and sister.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:10 AM on May. 10, 2010

• wait a minute, you just posted that you wanted to go school but couldnt afford daycare for you child. and in this post you're talking about how you have a stable income, house, and you want another baby. what the hell? are you just posting to get posts? it will be twice as hard trying to get child care for two kids while your at school.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 7:21 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree, mine are nearly exactly 2.5 years apart. 5/31/05 and 12/8/07
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 7:47 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My younger sister and I are 2 years 2 months and 5 days apart..lmao. It's great! We got to go to school together and have the same friends and get to know each other because we were into the same things. I want a sibling for DD (she'll be 14 months soon) but I was thinking about waiting until she was maybe 3 or 4 before ttc again. At this point it's really up to hubby if we have 1 more, but I dunno.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 7:59 AM on May. 10, 2010