how long does can it take to get pregnant after getting IUD (Mirena) out?

ive had it in for 1 year.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:05 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well when you got it put in and read the info packet that you should've read then you would know that you could get pregnant as if you never had it. It doesnt change any imbalance so there is no waiting time to get hormones back to normal.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:14 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I asked this and a lady said it takes 3-6 months to get your period back to normal and you can't get pregnant until that happens. But on their site it says you only have an 80% chance to get pregnant within a year if it being removed! I want to get preggo next spring so in getting mine out Oct or sooner.
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 7:15 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I was considering going on Mirena before we started TTC, and when I asked this question I was told that it can vary, but for alot of women it only takes a month or so to get their cycles back to normal. However there are others who have said it takes longer. It just depends on your body. But I do believe this is one of the best BC you can be on if you'd like to process to be quicker once your off of it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 7:41 AM on May. 10, 2010

• my doc told me i could get pregnant the day i had it taken out..lol..but here i am 3 months later and i'm still not pregnant..lol
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 8:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• You never know, everyone is different. Could be immediatley, could take a while. Took me 5 months.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 9:53 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I had mine in for a little over a year. I got it out September 6, 2008....and according the my ultrasound when I found out I was pregnant....I got pregnant the DAY I had my mirena taken out. We joke about how fertile I must be...that's just crazy. I concieved September 6, 2008, and my son was born June 13, 2009. =) Everyone is different...it all depends on your body...the mirena doesn't affect your ability to get pregnant once it is removed....so if you're having a hard time getting pregnant, it's not because of the mirena...you would have had a hard time getting pregnant even if you never had the mirena put in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 10, 2010