Cats throwing up?

I have 5 cats, and all 5 keep throwing up. 3 of them throw up every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Other than that, they are all acting normally... no fevers either. I was wondering if maybe it was their food, but IDK if that makes sense. They have been on the same food for about 10 months, but the throwing up has only been in the past 4-6 weeks.
I don't have any indoor plants, and I don't have any chemicals in the house. I keep all that out in the garage where they don't have access. I haven't seen anything in their poop or throw up (like worms or something). I also have a dog, & she's fine. I'm stumped.
I don't have the $$ to take them to the vet because DH & I just separated, & I have no income because I can't find a job.
Can someone please give me some info??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Pets

• I have to agree with Bmat.. I have a cat that pukes every day and she is ok. The reason we think she pukes is because she eats way too fast and it upsets her tummy and she pukes. We have switched foods, taken her to the vet, fed her less but more frequently, fed her chicken to see if its allergies. Its none of them.

Maybe try feeding them earlier in case they are eating too fast? Try a different food just in case? And try feeding them in different rooms?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:19 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Are the cats able to get into the dog's food? Its possible they eat that and got sick from it. My cat likes to eat non edible things like plastic, ribbons, etc. and that will make her throw up..but I will usually see some of what she ate in it.. My cat also gets into the garbage sometimes or eats any table scraps on the floor or wherever she might find it and gets sick sometimes. Other than eating something they aren't supposed to....I have no idea what would cause it since there aren't any other symptoms.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:55 AM on May. 10, 2010

• It seems to me from years having cats that sometimes cats do what I call recreational throwing up. They just do. In your case I am wondering if they perhaps have some pollen or mold issues, since it doesn't seem to be a food issue unless the food has started to disagree with several at once. If there is a lot of throwing up, we had one that threw up 5 times a day, and he needed vet care, but occasional throwing up they should be OK. If you notice not eating, lethargy, other signs of illness, then take them to the vet. I'd also maybe try a sensitive stomach food on them just to see.

Answer by Bmat at 6:59 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My co worker just switched her cats to a corn free cat food. She got Blue Buffalo Spa Select and she had said that her cat went crazy and loves it and hasn't gotten sick once since switched.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:01 AM on May. 10, 2010

• (OP) Those are some really great ideas! Thanks so much!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on May. 11, 2010