Can home churches be just as effective as traditional churches?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• In some cases I think more so. People who are forced to gather in homes or other non-church buildings their faith is already being tested, and they are looking much harder for answers and support. I have seen a great many people going to church who simply go for the social aspects or because they think they are supposed to, in contrast, those who gather in homes are there not because they want to make friends, but because they want to be close to god... I think because of that, home churches are in some ways more effective than regular ones.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Yes, "whenever two or more are gathered in my name....."

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• It takes a village to raise a child.'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree with Ryansmom001. He said He would be there if we gather in his name so it doesn't matter where it is.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:21 AM on May. 10, 2010

• the first churches were in people houses. A few decades ago there was a town in the country with half a dozen Catholic families. The priest came out once a month and held a mass in the living room of one of the families.
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 8:52 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I would say they would be even more effective seeing that most places has false teachers and pretenders who do not stay within the teachings of the message or word. From my experience anyways. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 9:11 AM on May. 10, 2010

• sure, there are people in other countries that meet in the woods because they have no building.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Yes, they can be. I have known of churches that meet in a home. Its really pretty amazing... sometimes those are the best ones!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:49 AM on May. 10, 2010

• With the right ingredients yes... been a part if several... sadly they didnt succeed.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:17 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Daphna not necessarily true you can find the same in house churches as well. I did.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:18 PM on May. 10, 2010