How can I get my 9 month old to sleep until 6am?

My son is 9 months old and every day hes either up at 3:30am or 4am. So I take him out of his crib and bring him in the bed with me and he will sleep til about 5:30am or 6am... Hes been doing this since he started teething, should I just let it go, and not worry about it, or is there something I can do to get him to sleep until 6am in his own crib?

ZachsMama2009

Asked by ZachsMama2009 at 8:48 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You def have to get him on a routine. Try to make naps shorter during the day, but dont try and keep him up all day of course. At night set a bed time, and stick with it. At this age try and lay him down at about six, if you can keep him up a bit later try and do that. Sometimes you might find, he will sleep past six. All babies are different, and this will probably work better once he is a little over one years old. Its hard to get your baby to sleep until a time you want. He is still a baby, and on his own schedule, so you might just have to wait it out. But make naps a bit shorter during the day, and lay him down at night at a certain time every night.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 8:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My daughter was the same way, putting her in bed with me was the only way I could catch a couple extra hours of sleep. Eventually I found that if I hook little toys onto her crib that she can access when she wakes up, it kept her entertained for a short time and then she'd fall back asleep.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:18 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Sadly...you can't. You're doing the best possible thing already. But like everything else...it's something he has to grow into. And don't expect that to happen for quite a long while. It CAN...but most babies seem to be programmed for no later than 5AM into toddlerhood.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:11 PM on May. 10, 2010

• You are funny!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 PM on May. 10, 2010