appropiate or inappropiate behavior in an engaged man?

My fiance told me last night that he gives his male coworkers a high five when he sees then and puts his one arm around his female coworkers and gives them a hug. he said that he had been doing that for years. it kinda bothers me..number one because it is work..number two, no wonder people are talking..he is giving the wrong signal.

do you think that it is appropriate behavior or inappropriate behavior of him to do that? I find it very uncomfortable that he is goin around hugging coworkers that he hardly knows and then to find out that he has been doing it for years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• If he has worked with them for years then he knows them. I think you are nit-picking. It is not terribly inapropropriate behavior unless he is making one of THEM uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I REALLY don't think it's a big deal. A one arm hug, or 1/2 hug is what i call it, is not a big deal. In fact, back in my office days i remember the chivalrous men always gave me a 1/2 hug & it never bothered me or made me feel weird. I thought it was nice. Some people are just like that, i think you are over reacting.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• he works at a theme park and the coworkers are different every year he tells me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Hugging at work is inappropriate especially with women he doesn't know very well. AND if it makes you feel uncomfortable than he should stop. Is it that big of a deal that he can't cut it out?
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:00 AM on May. 10, 2010

• If he works at a theme park and is hugging really young girls, that is just creepy. Ewww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Well, let's hope he doesn't know them very well. I don't hug people I don't know very well unless I'm flirting. Not that I flirt, I'm married. lol. I used to do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 10, 2010

• A hi-five? Is he very young? That could be the issue...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:10 AM on May. 10, 2010

• he is 35...i think it is not right. It makes me uncomfortable that he is doing that. But there is a lot of things that I have noticed over the years of things that he does that I find inappropiate. But to half hug females at your work whether you have known then for yrs or just met them. when you get engaged..you have made a commitment to someone..and you need to stop that single man stuff. that is what i think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 10, 2010

• It is certainly unprofessional and inappropriate. He needs to learn to keep his hands to himself. At the very least, he should treat everyone the same such as giving all co-workers high five and not just the females. I always hated co-workers trying to hug me. He's pushing boundaries and he can lose his job for doing it. Is it worth losing a job if someone complains? I don't think so. He needs to stop that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 AM on May. 10, 2010