Obama picks Elana Kagen

She is currently Obamas Solicitor General and previously worked in the Clinton Administration. There are many things one might want in a Supreme court nominee but she has no judicial experience. In general do you think thats good or bad?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:07 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• She wasn't picked for her experience. She was picked because she's a white woman. Woman so he can be shown to be supporting diversity and white to pander to other white women who played a huge role in getting him elected. Just like Sotomayer was picked to cater to Hispanics.

Other than that, I don't know a thing about her. I do know that it doesn't matter anyways. Experience, knowledge, and all that are of less importance than diversity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I think she is a great choice. She is not the first that was picked who did not have judicial experience. BUT, she is a smart lady. She was the first female dean of Harvard Law School, first woman to serve as the top Supreme Court lawyer for any administration. I like her a lot!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:22 AM on May. 10, 2010

• "She wasn't picked for her experience. She was picked because she's a white woman. Woman so he can be shown to be supporting diversity and white to pander to other white women who played a huge role in getting him elected. Just like Sotomayer was picked to cater to Hispanics"

Why don't you do a little research about her before you go making these judgemental accusations.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:23 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Why so upset Samurai? I didn't say anything bad about her. I just said her experience wasn't the reason she was picked. It's a political position. You know, picked by the President.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 10, 2010

How do you know why she was picked?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I'm not upset at all. All smiles over here. I just disagree with why you THINK she was elected. That is just your opinion. I think she was elected (or will be in about an hour) because she is an amazing woman & Obama recognized that. I think she'll do a wonderful job. Your assesment of her election is kind of ridiculous IMO.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:51 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Is it a man or a woman?

I can't tell................................

I guess that's no accident.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:30 AM on May. 10, 2010

• You don't know if Elana is a woman or not. What if she spelled it Elaina? Of are you looking at a picture?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 10, 2010

• 10:30 AM on May. 10, 2010 by: mustbeGRACE
    Is it a man or a woman?

I guess that's no accident
    *******************************************
    That was really rude. I could tell she was a woman. ANd why did you say "I giess that's no accident" ? Wow....you just keep hitting new lows everyday,Grace.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My opinion~She has never been a judge. Shas never argued a case in a court of appeals. I don't see how her experience fundraising for Harvard Law School qualifies her for a seat on the Nation’s high court.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:06 AM on May. 10, 2010