Holder wants to amend Miranda rights

I guess the Obama administration is finally facing the fact that Obamas policies are causing an uptick in terrorist activity in the U.S. Now, just maybe the rule they put into effect that requires the miranda rights be given to terrorists is not the best move but instead of admitting it they want to change the miranda rules so they can taylor it to their wants and needs at any time. Personally, I don't think terrorists should have miranda rights at all. Do you think tweeking the law is the way to go?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:21 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think they should change it. An American citizen is an American citizen. What they have done should not change the justice process. It's a slippery slope. Foreign terrorism is a different story though.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 9:25 AM on May. 10, 2010

• No, I don't think it should be changed. I see a slippery slope and I don't like it at all. It could too easily be used on disagreeing/dissenting citizens.

I think it you are part of an act/attempted act of terrorism you are automatically an enemy combatant and should be treated as such..citizen or not. They can easily develope a set of procedures/processes to be used on enemy combatants. There is no need to tamper with Miranda.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:32 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I think they should change the Mirand rights to include the statement "If you are an American citizen" And everybody should be read their rights. But if it turns out they are not an American citizen, all bets are off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on May. 10, 2010

• ...."THe Obama administration is causing an uptick of terrorist activity" ?
    WHaaaaaaaat?
    Why do you guys have to create conflict and assume that everything is the Presidents's fault. It gets really tiresome.
    Somebody should charge you with Libel. You know----inflammatory and untrue comments about a public figure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree yourspecialkid ~ the problem is that the government does not want to 'name' the enemy. Winning a war is always sort of difficult if you can't figure out exactly who you're engaging with. It may well have been Bush's single biggest mistake, and the current admin seems to love the enemy far more than the country he is supposed to lead/protect.

American citizens who engage in terrorism should be charged with treason ~ and punished accordingly. Enemy combatants should be handled by the military. Depending on whether or not they are wearing a uniform should be the only criteria for how they are treated and punished. Nosy reporters and drippy hearted citizens should be told flat out that what happens is none of their business. If they aren't willing to wear the uniform and do the job, their opinion doesn't matter. I truly WISH someone in our gov't. would remember WHY we have security clearance and levels!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:52 PM on May. 10, 2010