My Sexual Hang Up problems

I was with my first bf from the time I was 17 until I was 23. Things started out fine but after the first couple of years he became very verbally abusive. This abuse could happen at any time, but his criticsm of my appearance and performance in bed is what still lingers in my mind.

I am now in my late 30s and with a wonderful man. He tells me I'm beautiful and that he loves making love with me but when we're in bed and he asks me to do certain things I freeze up and can't. It can be as simple as him wanting me to kiss his chest or belly and Ijust can't do it. We have been together for almost 3 years now and I know he must wonder what my problem is but he hasn't said anything, so I think it's time I approach it. I really love him and want to get over my problems. What is the best way to go about talking to him about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Just sit down with him and tell him you have something you want to talk about that's very difficult for you. Talk about it and ask him to be gentle and help you work through this.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 10:01 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I used to have hang ups too but what I ended up doing is started role playing. That way I'm not "me" doing those things. I'm whatever character I'm playing. It makes it a lot easier to do things that he likes to do and you find difficult to do. Just don't be "you". Be Naughty Nurse Nan or the Luscious Librarian! Just playing a part makes a difference to me.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 AM on May. 10, 2010