Do you let your toddler play with your purse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No. At least I try not to! (LOL!- sometimes they still get in to it!!)

My mom never let me play with her purse and I remember that I didn't understand why! Now that I have kids of my own... I know exactly why!! Money, lipstick, keys, cell phone... are all things that I either don't want my kids to play with, but also don't want them to lose!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:43 AM on May. 10, 2010

• NO! It's mine, and they need to learn you don't mess in people's purses. Plus I have pill bottles, scissors, and other non-child items that they do NOT need to play with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 10, 2010

• No I don't. If I had a girl, she'd have a little purse with her own toys and "cell phone" she can play with. But, because I have a boy, its his own little backpack and he can dig into!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:45 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Definitely not! I was raised in a home where I feared touching my mother's purse. I knew if I went into it I'd be in SERIOUS trouble. Going through another woman's purse is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE and teaching them young is the way to do it.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:52 AM on May. 10, 2010

• No, my daughter has her own purse. On rare occasions if I have my hands full I'll let her carry my purse inside for me (which of course makes her feel like hot stuff) but she knows better then to go digging in it.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:18 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Nope but i let him carry the daiper bag.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 10:23 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Yes...I took all my cards and money out and now have them in my zip pocket and never use my purse anymore. My son loves using it sometimes with his own fake cards and coins.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:34 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Yes, I gave he all my old purses. I carry a diaper bag now so why let them just sit around. I have taught her not to go in others purses and she listens very well..
    MommyBee12808

Answer by MommyBee12808 at 10:42 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I have old purses that I don't use anymore..and she walks around playing with them sometimes, they are in her toy box.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:51 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Nope! I don't allow anyone to dig around in my purse-- it is my purse, my things and there is nothing in it my children need to get into. Even my hubs keeps his hands out of my purse--lol!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:33 AM on May. 10, 2010