What do you consider High Maitenance?

Another question got me thinking, what do ya'll consider high maitenance? I ask because a lot of people were saying that being high maitenance is selfish. I don't consider myself either of those things, but I do do my hair, makeup and dress nice 95% of the time... So anyway just curious what makes a woman high maitenance and why does that make her selfish.

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 10:05 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• To me, it's more the attitude - the "I'm the center of the universe and entitled to whatever I want" attitude, often at the expense of others.

I have friends that call me high maintenance because of my clothes, hair, jewelry, etc., and I'm definitely not. My husband likes to spoil me, no one goes without anything because of it. My kids and husband are the center of my universe. It makes me upset when people are so judgmental.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:32 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I do my hair, make up and dress nice every day too. But I will run through the sprinkler with the kids and not worry about my hair. Or I will run to the bagel store in the morning in sweats before my shower. I don't think a high maintenence person would do those things.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:45 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I am the same mompam. I am down to get dirty and play with my girls, but I truly enjoy taking care of myself, primping and putting on cute clothes etc!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 2:02 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. I try to look beautiful, and one of my husbands co-workers, after hanging out with us, made a comment to him that "usually girls who look like your wife are high maintenance, but she is totally down to earth."
    What does this mean? I think guys equate beautiful women, with them being spoiled, selfish, bitches, which is my opinion of what high maintenance is. But I have met plenty of these women, whether they are beautiful or not. To me it just seems like they cannot be happy no matter what, but they want everyone around them to make them happy.
    Good question though. I'm gonna ask my Dh.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:43 PM on May. 10, 2010