How can I get great looking feet for summer on the cheap?

I don't have 40 bucks for a pedicure every couple of weeks and was wondering if there was a way I could do it at home for less. I have tried in the past but my feet still have dry cracked heels and look nothing like the professional version. Any ideas or tips?

Thanks!

delyn1369

Asked by delyn1369 at 10:11 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Avon sells Theraputic cracked foot cream. I use it and love it. Just apply everyday and get a pumice stone.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:12 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Walgreens has a great section for your feet. There are creams, scrubs, all the tools to do the job. You can have pretty feet on the cheap!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:14 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Those ped-egg things are great. They're like $10. They also sell these little pens that you can use to put cute designs on your nails. It's with the nail polish. I just use regular lotion on my feet ad it works fine.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:16 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I put generic vicks vapor rub on my feet and put on socks b4 bed. It feels great and they are soft. Plain vaseline works to too but i like the warmness of vicks. Gently use a pumice stone in the shower.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:21 AM on May. 10, 2010

• They have those socks that you wear over night with your favorite moisturizer. I think neutrogena's 24 hour hand repair works well on feet too. Sally Hensen makes a polish called naturally nude, just be sure to use a base and top coat for an even finish. The naturally nude color just give your nails a clean glass like finish...and if you have a steady hand you can also do a french with the nude color, comes out great. I just can't do it right now because my pregnant belly is in the way.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:20 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I don't spend $40 on a pedicure, and that's in NYC! Look around, I bet you can find it for $20. But still, I bought the razor blade that they use on my heels. I found it at the dollar store. I do it in the shower and it keeps my heels nice and smooth.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:21 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Go to a Podiatrist's office and buy their foot cream. You do not need to pay for an office visit. They sell it in the lobby. It's amazing and cheap and better than anything you'll find in the store. As for the pedicure, I do mine myself.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 AM on May. 10, 2010

• p.s. even better, get your man (or a friend) to give you a pedicure. Now that would be fun!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:36 AM on May. 10, 2010

• You can do it at home for cheaper. Check out Target, Walmart, Walgreens all you need is creams, scrubs and make sure you put lotion on your feet at night.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:58 AM on May. 10, 2010

• my sister swears by the ped egg. Also vicks or vasoline on your feet covered with socks at night or when you work out works great too!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:21 PM on May. 10, 2010