Has any of you lost one twin but the other was still ok?

I am needing to talk with anyone who has had an early miscarriage with one twin but still had the nausea and all that and had the other twin without any problem? I had heard somewhere that you can miscarry and not realize you are still pregnant with the other? Just wondering if this is true for anyone?

If you have had this did you have normal bleeding? Did u pass any clots? How long did the bleeding last? Was you getting positives on pregnancy tests? How did you find out the other baby was still there and ok?

Thanks for any help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My mother is a twin. She got pregnant with my older sister in 1982. (back then we weren't as advanced as we are now) During her pregnancy, (early pregnancy) she started losing amniotic fluid...and something that looked like a fetus came out of her...it was tiny, looked like a little tadpole almost, no arms or legs...just a little tail. She didn't have bleeding...but she was still pregnant with my sister (she wasn't far enough along yet for them to even tell her she was having twins, so the doctors believe that she was pregnant with twins in the begining and for some reason, the fetus self terminated or something. But my sister was born healthy. It is possible for this to happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 10, 2010

• This just happened to my sister. She found out she was pregnant and went to the doctor. They gave her a sonogram and told her it was twins. One was bigger than the other, but they said that was normal. She was extremely happy. Then 1 month later she went in for her next appointment. Another sonogram and there was only 1 baby. No bleeding. They said the bigger baby just absorbed the other baby. She had the baby in December and he's perfectly healthy. They told her this was very common.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:04 AM on May. 10, 2010

• This happened to me. My 2nd DD was a twin. One day I had some light spotting, just once when I wiped, and the next morning had a sonogram. We had lost the baby very early on, and the OB said my body would "absorb" that baby. I didn't have anymore spotting, no cramps, no clots passing, nothing of that sort. My DD was born healthy as can be.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Wow those are some crazy stories ladies. I am glad that the babies are ok. The prob I am having is I did have bleeding and like normal heavy period for a day day and a half and had some small clots and one larger one. I have had miscarriages b4 but this one wasnt anything like my other miscarriages that I have had. The cramping wasnt even near as bad but one day was worse then normal period cramps. So I guess I will just have to wait cause I have taken some dollar tree tests and they say negative. If it was miscarriage I am sure that the test would have come out. I just dont know what is going on.
    Anonymous