Did anybody else have a terrible Mother's Day? My little girl acted up so badly yesterday.

She was sassy. Didn't want to do anything I told. I made her go to her room a few times. She was sooo bad I wanted her to stay in her all night and not come out. Should I have done that. How would of you handled her?

MWood123

Asked by MWood123 at 10:29 AM on May. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, all three of them. That's the reason we do not celebrate mother's day... Historically speaking, they always treat me badly on holidays.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:33 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I'm sorry you had a bad Mother's Day. Holiday or not, if she's being sassy it sounds like you handled it well.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:34 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My daughter got this way a couple of times yesterday but thankfully it didn't last long! Thats the thing with kiddos.. they don't know (or care) what day it is lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:41 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Oh man sorry you had a bad day and yes you handle it the right way.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 10:43 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I had a terrible end od mothers day yesterday we went to the movies, out to eat, on a boat ride and swimming and she had the nerve to say I never do anything for her
    and that she hates me and wishes she would have never moved with me! She's 6 and is a complete brat these days and I have no clue what to do with her
    Iviemg

Answer by Iviemg at 12:05 PM on May. 10, 2010

• aw I am sorry. SOmetimes we have holidays like that here too. they were atually pretty good yesterday just some typical kid stuff.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for sharing. I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one. My son was so hateful, rude, mean and cruel yesterday that I wanted to just run away from home. He wouldn't even hang out with me! He is 5 and is usually a total mommy's boy so this was an awful change of pace. I was so hurt, still am.
    Anonymous

• I actually had a good day yesterday but today not so much because me 51/2 yr woke up this morning around 4 throwing up everywhere including the couch cushion and when that was just about over then it all starts come out the other side too. so now my living room smells o so lovely but its no 5pm and i think his stomach is finally settling down i hope. o ya did i forget to mention today is my BIRTHDAY o happy bday to me!

munchkinab

Answer by munchkinab at 6:56 PM on May. 10, 2010