breastfeeding and ovulation

So I've been breastfeeding my little sweetie for 11months and last month my cycle returned. This month I have missed the cycle completely. I have been taking a progestion(spelling?) only pill this entire time. Is it normal to have a period and then not since I'm still nursing, should I take a pregnancy test??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• was last month your first period since giving birth? Mine took a good 4-6 mos to get back on any type of "schedule"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:59 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Your period can start and stop randomly the whole time you're BFing. If you haven't taken the pill at the same time each day, then I'd take a test. The mini pill is not effective if you don't take it within a couple hours of the same time each day. I got pregnant at 10 months PP while BFing after both my 1st and 2nd baby.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:02 AM on May. 10, 2010