Didn't feel special on Mother's Day

I woke up at 7am with my daughter. He couldn't even give me 1 day to sleep in. I fed her breakfast and I cleaned it up while he sat on the couch. He waited 45 minutes to even say Happy Mother's Day to me. He didn't buy me a card or even bother to make me one. He did nothing to make me feel special and yet we have a 3 year old and I am 6 months pregnant. He made me feel like nothing. I do so much for him and he couldn't even make me a simple card because he said "He didn't know where the paper and coloring stuff was." I guess looking for it would have been too much to do for me. I want to leave him. Am I wrong for wanting to? I feel like I do so much for him and yet he couldn't even make me feel special for 1 day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like he's not a sentimental guy. Sorry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Look at it this way, He was home with you, and you had you child there and spent the day with you, I think you are overreacting a bit, look at the familys who's daddy is not around and has to be deported on mothers day, how do you think there day was....i think you should take a second look at what you got before you start wining about him not giving you a card, at least he said happy mothers day to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Maybe he just doesn't get it (many men suck at holdiays). I understand feeling hurt and disappointed, but it doesn't sound like grounds for leaving him. Now, if he's never thoughtful or considerate, then you do need to let him know that bothers you and makes you feel unappreciated. You also have to think about the little things he does for you that maybe aren't the kind of stuff you want, but are helpful to you in some way and try to appreciate those - for instance, my husband isn't terribly romantic, but he does take care of my car maintenance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 10, 2010

• OP Here- I asked for advice, not your bashing. Just because you are a negative perosn doesn't mean I want to hear your crap.
    Anonymous

• Dont make the "leaving" decision when you are 6 months pregnant too .. hormones dont help and when your hubby is not sentimental then that doesnt help. YOu will be ok.. your children appreciate you and i think sometimes on these holidays we all expect so much. My husband and i have stopped celebrating valentines day and all the other ones like it.. really including mothers day and fathers day. I will probably get him a card but I would rather him just appreciate me all year.. which he does. Plus we just bought a house and we arent spending money on anything until we get in it! SO try not to make TOO much out of it. God knows you are a good mother and hes the only one you should get your worth and appreciation from! Enjoy your day being thankful for your babies and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
    Anonymous

• I didn't have the most wonderful day yesterday either. I got my period and felt crabby and crampy. I was having a personal boo-hoo party when my little sister called me and told me her best friends identical twin sister who has no other family besides their kids killed herself yesterday. She has 4 kids and 2 of them aren't even school aged yet.
    Guess my day wasn't all that bad.....................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Does he know how you feel? Many guys just aren't sentimental. They don't do the mushy stuff. If he is like that now his is going to be like that always unless you talk to him about it. If he knows how you feel and still doesn't want to put forward the effort you have to decide if thats important enough for you to think about moving on. If you really love him and want to stay with him even though he won't put forward the extra effort then you need to get over it and decide on ways to have good days that you think should be special on your own. Do nice things for yourself. Hand him the kids and take a bath or don't do any housework for the day. Go to lunch with other family members or take the kids to the zoo. Teach your kids the importance of being respectful of their friends and family. Show them that there is nothing wrong with being sentimental. It's all up to you.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:11 AM on May. 10, 2010

• My day was so-so..I kinda screwed myself, I told him I wanted to pick out a tree or flowers for our yard..Then when he didn't get me anything or do anything special I was pissed..He said I was ridiculous cause I told him I wanted to pick the tree out then was mad he didn't get me anything..I guess I was being stupid but a little surprise or card would have been nice!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:21 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I understand the way your feeling, but like some other OP's said guy's just don't get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 10, 2010

• haha at least you were accused of cheating thats what i got for mothers day
    Anonymous