10 month old sleeping habits

My 10 month old still wakes 2-3 times a night, needless to say it's getting exhausting. I'm not saying I expect her to sleep thru the night, but it should be better.. she's slept thru the night before so she's obviously capable.

How many naps and how long does your 10 month old take? I try to limit hers to 30 mins cause otherwise she'll nap for an hour or 2...

Also, how does your 10 month old sleep at night?

Thanks!

eab001

Asked by eab001 at 11:03 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was 10 months old, he would get up at like 4am and want to eat, so I'd get him a bottle and he'd go back to sleep until about 7. He was going to bed around 8. No matter what I tried, I could not get him to stay asleep and not wake up at 4am. Finally one night he just stopped. It was probably a month later. Now he's back on a normal schedule. I think a lot of babies do this but your LO will get out of it. I wouldn't wake her up after only having a half hour nap though.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 11:10 AM on May. 10, 2010

• A baby that age should only need to eat once during the night if at all. Chances are he's just waking up cuz he can. Try waiting 30 minutes or so and see if he will go back to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 10, 2010

• The more a baby sleeps durning the day the better they sleep at night. I made sure my daughter didn't nap after 5pm and put her to bed at 8pm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 10, 2010

• The more a baby sleeps during the day the better they sleep at night? For real? I've never heard that.. and if that's true that's deff good to know lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 10, 2010

• So how long should naps be and how many should she have? Typically at least.
    eab001

Answer by eab001 at 11:30 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I depends on the baby. We ALL wake up in the night, it is just that most adults don't remember waking. Ten months is a time for major milestones and growth spurts, so waking happens. Sometimes for hunger, sometimes for another reason including an abundance of brain activity trying to process the events of learning or needing to pee/poop. Also keeping a baby up so they will sleep at night makes them over tired. Babies sleep more efficiently than adults, so follow the babies unique patterns and work with it not against it. If you get a 5-8 hour stretch of sleep, that's IS sleeping through. If the baby gets a need met then goes back to sleep, that is also good!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:51 AM on May. 10, 2010

• When my son was 10 months he was sleeping 12 hours/night plus 2 1-2 hour naps.

Answer by missanc at 12:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Yours sounds 100 percent normal. And sleeps better than MINE did at that age...three was a MNIMUM number of wakeups for him and naps were non-existent.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 PM on May. 10, 2010