How can I get my underarms to look smooth?

For some reason when I shave they look ok but after awhile they look leathery looking and maybe a slight shadow as though I have hair AND I JUST SHAVED that's what make me so mad. Yesterday for mommy's day I just shaved and my dd 6 yr.s old tells me mommy u need to shave :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Waxing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Make sure your exfoliating first to prep the area, I like to use the exfoliating bath gloves. I use my DD's johnsons tear free shampoo as a shave gel..I swear its non-irritating and gives good contact. If the shadow is just the hair showing through below the surface you'll need to go to a salon and get waxed. Most salons(I normally go to nail salons) only charge around 10.00. You can also try a light mineral powder foundation to cover it.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:27 AM on May. 10, 2010

• try a diffrent razor. i use the one schick with the soapy stuff around it or any razor with johnson shampoo as my soap an wait till your armpits are dry before you put deodorant on. you can also smooth out razor burn down below with lotion or deodorant.
    Sout4ernMoma

Answer by Sout4ernMoma at 11:29 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I had a lot of improvement after I switched to Dove deodorant. It seems to keep the skin in better shape than the one I used to use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I just threw away a bunch of razors that sucked. I swear by Intuition razors. It's the kind with the soap attached. I think it's expensive and tried to go cheap but in the long run it's much better. I get a great close shave and it has built in conditioners.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Let it grow, girl! It's not hurting anything, and not worth irritating your skin.
    Anonymous

• I agree with exfoliating before you shave. Also a good shaving cream will help and a sharp razor with a triple blade.
    For deodorant try a hair minimizing one. I like the Skin So Soft Fresh and Smooth Hair Minimizing Roll-on Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. Its only $1.25 if you want to try it. www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code FSANY for free shipping if you want to try it.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 5:00 PM on May. 12, 2010