anyone who has had kids close together and loves it

Please shares your reasons for loving it so I can convince hubby to have another one =)!!!

Riahsmom1

Asked by Riahsmom1 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• I have a 1 and 2 yr old. They are 13 mo's apart. I love it b/c they share all the same clothes,toys, they learn together, and go through the same steps pretty close together. You don't have to remember a few yr's down the road what you did with the first one, and the older one teaches the younger one b/c she's learning all these new things, and learning how to cooperate with others, while learning to share at the same time.
    lynenedubbels

Answer by lynenedubbels at 1:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Mine are so close in age and have the same basic interests. They also share a lot of the same friends. It's easier to plan a get-a-way with kids all near the same age, so no one feels left out (for ex: taking them to the fair, they can ride the same rides together...they're about the same size). Everything is age appropriate.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I do not have kids around the same age, but my brother and I are close in age. Built in playmate :) We shared toys and mom was able to take us to the same age appropiate events. We also went to grammar school and high school at the same time, so he was the protector. I loved it!
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 1:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

handsomebabyj

• Close...sure you can say mine are close in age...they are 10 months apart... Was it easy? It had it's moments. Is it easy now? Well there are still those moments, but I wouldn't wish it any other way.

They both are toothless right now, so I get oh twins, especially those 2 months during the year when they both are the same age. This annoys them, but they get over it. Over all they love each other a lot and play well together. I know that they will end up being BEST friends all of life and that makes me feel good to know that they can rely on each other.

That doesn't mean it can't happen with a huge age gap, but with them being so close they have the same interest for the most part...which makes doing things easier....

DD still has her "girl" things she prefers and DS his "boy" things....but over all it's a GOOD THING and I can't imagine it any different.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Mine are two days shy of a year apart. January 13, 2005 and January 11, 2006- When I finally exhausted my mother, we got an aupair, because I had postpartum depression and I was loosing it! She was my saving grace :) I wish I would of had more time to enjoy each of them, but I am very blessed, especially at having infertility with our first!
    Samantha99985

Answer by Samantha99985 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Everyone is saying how great it is that the kids can share clothes, toys, and even friends....except that in my opinion (my younger sis and I are 15 months apart) it is NOT great. It can be nice because the kids are going through the stages so close together but remember that each child is individual. I honestly hated my sister a lot growing up because everything I did she was right there doing it with me-a lot I had to wait a year until she was old enough to do also. Now we are very close but growing up was tough, especially since I was the older one and I had to do the waiting. Remember that sometimes it may be nice to do a particular stage but othertimes it's worth going through it twice (you don't want one child growing up too quickly, or being too imature.).
    nikspineapple

Answer by nikspineapple at 11:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I am the mommy of two close in age kids. My oldest is about to turn 2 and my yougest is 8 months. and at first it was so hard, but after the first 5 or six months it's better! I love it and wouldn't have it any other way, in fact we are thinking about trying for a 3rd one when the youngest turns 1!
    Baileysmommy

Answer by Baileysmommy at 10:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2008