Do you like the new Sesame Street??

This morning I was flipping through the channels and saw Sesame Street (I honestly don't think I spelled that right...). I had heard the show made a lot of changes so I decided to watch and see what it was like. I changed it after 5 min because it was ust SOOO annoying! There was some guy on there rapping, trying to get Big Bird to move or something. And everytime someone talked they looked at the camera. Did they used to do that? It jsut seems like they made it just as annoying as the rest of the new childrens shows. I wasn't impressed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know much about the new one as my kids never really watched it. But over the weekend I happened to see an older Sesame Street movie on netflix and turned it on for them. Some parts of that movie were a tad bit racy in my opinion! My hubby and I just kind of gave each other a look and wondered why the hell they were showing this crap on a children's movie that is rated G.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:45 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I had to cut out Sesame Street when my 10 year old was younger. I caught a show where a puppet was singing a sultry song to the letter X, as her ex. Um, yeah, totally inappropriate.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:48 AM on May. 10, 2010

• Yea! Stuff like this! There was some lady on the movie who was wearing practically nothing and talking in this really seductive voice and making orgasmic noises. We weren't paying a whole lot of attention to the movie, it was just background noise while my kiddos played. The second hubby and I heard that we looked up really quick lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:50 AM on May. 10, 2010

• I really don't notice to many changes from when I was a kid. I love the new stuff and my kids do to... The Flying Fairy School is my fav new skit... Great stuff!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I love, love, love Sesame Street! Watched it when I was a kid and have been watching it for the past 11 years with my kids (not that the older ones watch it now, but my 17 month old is in love with it too). I haven't noticed too many changes over the years (except Snuffy is no longer thought to be "invisible" and there are new characters and there are more short skits rather than one long show broken up by letter/number "commercials"). Most kids shows annoy me, but Sesame Street I can live with.

Answer by missanc at 12:38 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i thought the bird realtor skit was kinda cute. my son laughed when the animals were back up singers. I was hoping they'd reference the movie Follow That Bird since big bird faced a similar situation in that movie. I am an 80's child and used to watch sesame street on a black and white tv.....I miss that era of sesame street. There are too many new characters now and it has become very predictable. They have one theme for the show, then the fairy school or bert and ernies adventures, elmo's world, then it's over. What happened to Linda? Bob? Susan? I miss the old characters. Did you know Olivia passed away last year? She was Gordon's sister on the show. And did you know Gordon played Willie the Pimp in some cult classic in the 70's? :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:18 PM on May. 10, 2010