Have you planted your garden?

What did you plant? This is my first garden and I hope I get lots of good veggies. Any tips appreciated. I planted- tomato, bell pepper and jalepeno plants.

I planted seeds for pumpkin (too soon i heard) watermelon, carrots, kohlrabi, cantelope, and lettuce. I am going to plant herbs as well. Do you plant herbs like cilantro adn basil in pots or in the ground?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:01 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I planted some herbs and the instructions told me to keep them in the house for 6 weeks after I planted the seeds then I could move them outside. This year I planted sunflowers, bell peppers, broccoli, corn, caulaflower, cantelope, green beans, carrots, potatoes, onions, strawberries, and asparagus,
    Right now all of those are still in pots I take them outside during the day and keep them inside during the night. Its still to cold to plant them outside.
    How long have you had your bell peppers planted?? I planted mine about 2 weeks ago and they have yet to push out.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:04 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I planted everything yesterday. The bell peppers were already little plants maybe 3 or 4 inches tall. This was just a fun thing to do with my dd but Im afraid we dont know what we are doing?! I just planted the seeds straight in the ground..skipped the pot process. I hope soemthing comes up!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:07 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I planted last year and made some mistakes and well, ok got lazy. So this year I decided to plant a few pots outside my kitchen window becasue I can be reminded everyday to water. So much easier.
    I have cilantro, mint and, chives.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I bet they will. I usually plant my seeds straight into the ground and they come up. I didnt do that this year because its cold and we had a frost warning last night.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:12 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Oh and I planted some gourds around my big tree in the front so I can have vines grow around my pretty stuff.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:13 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Ria - your garden sounds wonderful!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:14 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Hi! There is a gardening group on here, please join!
    For the tomatoes, when you plant them, make sure to remove the bottom set of leaves and plant them deep. It makes them have a stronger root ball and your fruit will be better. Also, prune them. :)
    Peppers have NEVER produced here in the northwest for me. I think it is just too short of a growing season here. I put my peppers in the ground already, but it was too early. I hope they live. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:27 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I have potatoes, snow peas, carrots (4 kinds), onions(3 kinds), tomatoes(7 kinds), peppers(5 kinds), summer squash, eggplant(2 kinds), green beans(3 kinds), sweet corn(5 kinds), lettuce, spinach, watermelon, cauliflower, parsley, oregano, sweet basil, radishes...I think that's it ;).
    Anonymous

• I did plant sweet corn but I didnt find any greeen bean seeds. I need to try to grow those! SO said I'm on my own when it comes to picking beans lol
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:49 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I planted mine last week. Tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, eggplant, okra, bell peppers and onions. My first ever garden! So excited!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:04 PM on May. 10, 2010