What is wrong with my child???

My child used to be so sweet and good and followed rules. Everyone bragged about how well mannered and polite she was! In th epast few months it has been pure hell! She's a liar, she's mulnipulative, she's mean to her brother and sister and hits them when she thinks no ones around. Not just like a slap, she TRIES to hurt them, her new thing is kicking in the stomach! She's completley disrespectful, she doesn't hesitate to yell at me or say I hate you. She's ALWAYS mad at some one! She never appreciates anything you do for her..She's never happy! Like yesterday we went to the movies, out to eat, on a boat ride and swimming and she had the nerve to say I never do anything for her
last weekend I took them to yard sales and let them have anything they wanted
was she happy??? NO I don't beat me kids, I dont mistreat them, I try to not to yell at them! Any advice or anything would be really helpful. I don't know what to do!

Iviemg

Asked by Iviemg at 12:01 PM on May. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• PS I am going to assume she doesn't have any responsibilities or chores? (I don't mean I assume in a negative way.... just that you seem like a very gentle and easy going Momma!) She needs a LIST of chores to keep her focused, on task, and contributing to the household. She isn't getting joy from fun things like a boat ride and she's violent.... if u don't chose to get her compliant quickly the legal system may do it for you one day. Get your power and control back..... things are more serious than u think.
    IE, in most states allowing her to abuse the siblings like that is a crime on YOUR part. You could lose all the kids, not just the abusive one. It's surprisingly simple to hurt someones spleen, bowel, intestine, etc kicking them in the belly. If that happens.... you'll only be seeing your kids under the watchful eye of a supervising court agent. Good luck, do something drastic now.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:08 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Realistically? She is feeling spoiled and in control.

Strip her bedroom tomorrow and when she returns from school there should be a mattress, blanket, pillow and sheet. And 2 pairs of clothes. No toys, games, electronics, etc. Everything must be earned back piece by piece.

It's effort, yes. But you'll appreciate the effort you put in when you have a kind and appreciative child again
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Sometimes it is a sign that something has happened to her. Nto always but drastic changes in behavior could mean she is hiding a secret..bullying, sex abuse. I dont want to scare you It would mean she is just ungrateful and needs a reality check. I would sit her down and ask her why the change in behavior? Ask her if someone did something to her to make her so angry? I would agree with also taking away her priveledges so when she has them she will appreciate them more. Make her do a chore chart and earn stuff.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:22 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Sounds spoiled. Why do all these things for a kid if they act like THAT? Take away privileges, benefits, put her in the corner, etc.
    Anonymous

• I saw your other reply to the mom who had the bad mothers day. I want to say first off that I'm sorry you had a bad day. No mother deserves this, especially on Mother's Day. You have shared custody of your daughter, is that right? First off I would be wondering what her father is telling her when she is with him. That happens a lot with split custody. Second off I would agree to crack down on her big time. If you doesn't appreciate it then stop doing it. Stop making her bed, washing her dishes, etc. Make HER do it. Stop buying her things. Make her earn absolutely every little thing. Maybe she'll realize how good she has it. I would also not leave the other kids around her. Kicking them in the stomach could cause serious injuries! Maybe a scare tactic on the violence is in order. Print out articles on what kind of damage she could do and tell her that even though shes a kid she could go to juvey for that.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I aren't seperated, he's in the military! Deployed.
    Iviemg

Answer by Iviemg at 2:04 PM on May. 11, 2010