Do you get upset when..

your husband doesn't get you anything for Mother's Day? I don't, i agree that it's Mother's Day, not Wives Day. I heard that on a tv show and thought it was funny. My dad never got anything for my mom either.BUT: my husband did make me breakfast and took care of our son in every way yesterday. I didn't even have to make dinner or do dishes. I guess I ask because I hear my friends complain that they didn't get flowers from their husbands.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• No I didn't and wouldn't. I am a mother everyday not just the designated holiday. Getting a "mommy I love you" is all the gift I need. However, I lucked out yesterday...she fed me powdered doughnuts, LOL!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:06 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think husbands should recognize and acknowledge their wife as the mother of their children. With a card or lunch out or something! It doesnt have to be a gift but yes they should do soemthing special on that day.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I am not my husband's mother, but it is nice for him to get me something "from the kids" since they aren't old enough to do that on their own.
    Anonymous

• i think you SO should definatly get you a mothers day present, especially when your the mother of there child. its about recognizing and appreciateing any mother, not just YOUR mother or HIS mother. even just going to breakfast, a card & flowers, a gift card to get your nails done ..etc. something nice & simple to show you care. holidays like this are just something to look forward too to make life nicer, & away to appreciate certain groups of people.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:21 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i think mothers day has become too commercialized. No one has to buy me diamond jewelry to show me they love or appreciate me. SO didnt even wish me a "happy mothers day", it was pretty much any other sunday for us, but it was still a pleasant day. I made some strawberry pancakes from scratch for breakfast and everyone scarfed them down, that was a good enough present for me! :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:10 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I do expect him to acknowledge me as the mother of his children, and he does. My ex never did that for me. It's not about the price of the gift, it's just the thought - my husband only spent about $20 on my present, but it was exactly what I wanted! (purple verbena flowers for my flowerbed out front . . . and he let me sleep in until 11!)

Answer by missanc at 3:43 PM on May. 10, 2010

• OP HERE, so he should recognize his ex just because he has children with her? She's mean and crazy.
    Anonymous