If you have a mint plant, what do you use it for?

I use my mint in salsa and brewed ice tea. Mojitos coming soon!!!

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 12:10 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Dang... I just responded to the deleted question :p

Mmmm...Mojitos! I also love it in ice tea. I really have never used it for anything else, so I just googled it. There are some good ideas on this page...

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf23322120.tip.html

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:14 PM on May. 10, 2010

• lol sleepingbeautee - I put it in the wrong section...lol Sorry bout that!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• No worries, but that is the second time it happened to me this morning, so I just had to complain. he he he :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:17 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i use it to make chutney .. add mint leaves, few drops of vinegar, 1 garlic clove, salt, little bit of red pepper flakes , cumin seeds and little bit of water(how ever it is required to blend it) in a juicer or a blender..
    great with nuggets or bar-b-q chicken !!! or just serve it with oven baked chicken :)
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 12:22 PM on May. 10, 2010

• throw in some cilantro leaves as well !! will make the chutney even more tasty :D
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 12:31 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I use it for the same things as you guys, but the recipes posted look good. I sometimes add it to fruity deserts and smoothies too. We actually have several different types of mint plants and they just make great ground cover for us that smells heavenly when the kids go tramping through it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:03 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I like to use it for mint tea or lemonade. Yummy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:25 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Teas, iced teas, various sauces and dishes, and yes mojitos. My favorite mojitos are mint & wild blackberry with a good silver rum. MMMMMM
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:45 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I use it for practical things too. It really keeps bugs away especially ants so I use it to line my garden and put it at my back door.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:34 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Anything and everything......sun tea, hot mint tea, in chocolate cake and frosting for mint flavor....etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:55 PM on May. 10, 2010