Is it weird to go see a movie alone?

I seen Nightmare on Elm Street last night. My husband and his buddy went to see Iron Man 2. So I seen it by myself. I ran into a friend there and she asked me who I was going with and I said alone. And she seemed kind of shocked.

GothicMommy3

Asked by GothicMommy3 at 12:11 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's weird. I never have, but I never really get the chance. I think it would be nice!
    Anonymous

• I never have, but I know people who do it all the time. Whatever works for you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:13 PM on May. 10, 2010

• If I could ever got to one, I'd go alone!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:16 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Yeah, I do not think it is weird at all. I would seriously enjoy spending a couple of hours alone at the movies.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:18 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Its not weird. I love the movies, so if there is something I want to see, I go see it. In fact, Id rather go alone most times. I saw Twilight, New Moon and Sex in the City by myself and I will see SITC 2 alone as well.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 12:19 PM on May. 10, 2010

• It was pretty enjoyable. No one was trying to talk to me during it, no one was squealing in my ear on gross parts, and I got to just relax. It was a decent movie, too. :-)
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 12:21 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i go to movies alone all the time. It's my time to just enjoy a show. A lot of times, when I go to a movie with someone, they talk my ear off and I can't concentrate on the movie.
    I love going to movies alone. As a mom of 2 little one's, I have such a hard time even watching a regular show on tv, so it's a treat for me to see a movie alone!
    I don't think it's weird at all!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:21 PM on May. 10, 2010

• i dont think its weird...........but i dont think i could ever go alone, i do get how it would be nice and relaxing and what not, but, i just dont like doing that kind stuff alone...its kinda the same like going to a restaurant or even a fast food place...i could never do that alone..whereas my dad, he does, well he used to, always go to a certain lil homestyle cookin restaurant for breakfast all the time..and sit by himself....i couldnt do that....but yet when i see ppl alone i dont think its weird at all, sometimes i think, aww how sad they couldnt find anyone to go with..but then on the otherhand i think maybe they WANTED to be alone..its just not something i could do..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:29 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Heck no!! I do it all the time. It's my time for myself.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 12:34 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I wish I would be comfortable enough to do that. Good for you!!!! I would feel weird, but I don't think it's weird when I see other people alone. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:34 PM on May. 10, 2010