Did anyone get a gift, a card, or even just a phone call from the ex for mother's day?

This is the first Mother's Day I've had since I split from my husband...while I wasn't really expecting anything I thought it was rude that he didn't do anything at all. We split up just a few weeks before Father's Day last year and I still bought him something (from the kids, of course) but obviously he knows a 5 year old and a couple 4 year olds can't go buy stuff on their own. Now my boyfriend on the other hand who I've only been with a few months bought me flowers, a new dress and took me out to dinner. My brother still buys a gift for his ex, for his son to give to her, and he even buys her flowers because he says even though he doesn't love her he respects the fact that she brought his son into the world. Everyone else I know who is on good terms with their ex's get at the very least a phone call. I'm not too upset about it, just annoyed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope but I didn't expect one since we've only been divorced since Feb. We are on good terms though. I'm gonna rub it in come Father's day, LOL!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:13 PM on May. 10, 2010

• I think its crazy you expected something! Yes it would be a nice gester but not all men do these type of things. Be grateful your sweet BF acknowledged the day for you.
    Anonymous

• havent been with my ex for 6.5 yrs..(he left when i was pregnant) he has only been in my daughters life for 3 years. and no, he doesnt get me anything, not a phonecall, not a card, nothing!!! i never expect it tho..he never gets me anything for christmas or my birthday either..and im not expecting something from HIM..but it would be nice if he got something for me from my daughter..but..lol..that doesnt happen...i have always gotten something for him from my daughter on those days , but, this year im not..i just got her pictures done for her 6th bday..so maybe i'll give him one for fathers day, but thats it!!! why should i even bother, he obviously doesnt.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:23 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Anon, I don't think it's crazy...it's a nice tradition to start so that when your child gets old enough, they can do it themselves...I could care less if I get anything from him but from her it would be nice since she's too young to know what the holidays are.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:29 PM on May. 10, 2010

• OP: I specifically said I wasn't really expecting anything, I just think it's rude. I gave him 3 beautiful kids and we're on good terms. We have our fights but most of the time we get along fine. When I buy him stuff it's not from me - I bring my kids to the store and they pick out something to give to their dad and he did that for me for my birthday but not for mother's day. I intend to ask him why he didn't even call or just have the kids draw me a picture.
    Anonymous

• Oh no! Giving up the expectations of gift giving usually happen when you divorce some one.

Anonymous

• For the first 6 years after the divorce, I received no gifts from him. Now all of a sudden I get something this year. Of course he just went through a nasty split up, so I suspect he is just looking for a "booty call" Other than that, I've gotten nothing.

it is a rare case that the ex husband still buys gifts for the ex wife.

Anonymous

• No, and I don't want it from him. It is not his responsibility anymore. I don't need him to tell me I'm a good mom, I know that from my children. The less I have to do with the ex, the better off life is.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:53 PM on May. 10, 2010

• And even if you didn't "expect" anything, you thinking it's rude on his part to not give you anything is to me, well expecting something. It was not rude for him to not give you anything. He is not your husband anymore.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:54 PM on May. 10, 2010

• The no good sucker stopped by my house to beg for money for diapers for his new baby, does that count?
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 1:27 PM on May. 10, 2010