Dark underarms?

What can I do to lighten my underarms? I've switched deorderant and us a scrub under my arm but I need something to lighten it that works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Stop shaving with a razor. Start waxing. If that doesnt help, use a skin bleacher. Ive been looking into it too.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• exfoliating the area will work the best. it's basically sweat stained skin.
    Anonymous

• ditto, to the stop shaving. it went to the dermo about this and this is what she told me. before you try the skin lighteners try cocoa butter first this did the job for me.
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 12:22 PM on May. 10, 2010

• This is a very common problem. Its the pigment of the skin, not so much what you do to it so exfoliating won't do much good.
    I learned this trick from a customer actually! The Avon Banishing Cream works well under your arms! Use it at night while you sleep. If you can go without deodorant while you sleep even better, if not put the banishing cream on first, let it dry well, then put on your deodorant. For deodorant switch to a hair minimizing one. Avon has one for $1.25 that I like. Its called Skin So Soft Fresh & Smooth Hair Minimizing Roll on Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. You can get both for less that $10! www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:57 PM on May. 12, 2010