Why did God give Eve labor pains for punishment?

Do you think it makes us love our children more?

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 12:30 PM on May. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I honestly don't know why he would first give her pain and then command that she has lots of kids... That seems counter productive. But, I have to say that, no, I don't think pain makes us love our kids more. I love my kids more than I can imagine, but I never had a single labor pain... I have been induced with an epi both times and there was never so much as a cramp... It has no affect over how much I love my kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:37 PM on May. 10, 2010

• As a reminder of her sin and for us to be reminded of her sin till the end of age. It could have been worse if you as me. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 12:39 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Why would a god that supposedly LOVES their children give them pain and suffering for ANY reason?? That's not a parent, that's a sick, twisted nutcase!!! Wake up peoples. Labor pains are not from a god - it's from nature not some eye in the sky made up to scare and guilt you into submission!!!!

Anonymous

• I donb;t know why the consequences of sin are what they are, the bible never says the reason. But for me I know that the pain of labor can be a blessing in desguise.... it causes me to move around and to get into the positions I need during labor. I have my kids naturally and so experiencing labor pains really was a motivater to do what my body needed me to do, it relaly guided me through the process and helped me to listen closely to what my body was telling me. I'm sure if no one sinned that we would just know what to do without the pains of labor, but since we live in a fallen/broken world there are certain consequences of sin that move us to do certain things and teach us something about god and ourselves.
    Anonymous

• *God sorry
    Anonymous

---------------

Geez, you must be PMS'ing
    Anonymous

• I totally agree with Anon 12:40. The thought that some naked woman in a garden made a made a mistake after speaking to a talking snake and every women after that has to suffer for it is SICK and absurd. It's NATURE. The whole process can be explained by SCIENCE.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:47 PM on May. 10, 2010

• "Geez, you must be PMS'ing"

Why, because I am not delusional?? Get over yourself!

Anonymous

• Labor pains b/c of sin? That's absurd! It's Science, not religion.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:52 PM on May. 10, 2010

• In Islam labor pains are NOT a punishment like in Christianity, a test yes but not a punishment. Pregnancy and childbirth is a mercy because with every labor pain and pregnancy discomfort sins are forgiven and blessings are given.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 12:53 PM on May. 10, 2010