hip hip horray!

I just wanted to share, my 20 month-old is back from her slight potty-training regression (she caught on quickly at 17-18 months but then gave up on telling us when she needed to pee for awhile)... she's dry every night, i underwear full-time, and now she's back to telling us whenever she needs to go! (Sometimes she tells us by asking for a jelly bean, which is her reward). She's been accident-free for 5 days straight now.

Any advice on how to teach her to pull her own pants down, though? Obviously she'll still need our help for wiping each time for awhile, but I keep finding her trying to sit on her little potty with her pants still on, looking confused because she knows she can't pee through her pants, but still not sure how to get them down. Is this just something she will get the hang of on her own? At what age might I be able to expect this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on May. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• She will learn it...start by having her help undress at bedtime and in the morning. We stuck to stretch pants for awhile.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:24 PM on May. 10, 2010

• She'll get it. Keep her in easy elastic waist stretch pants.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:15 PM on May. 10, 2010

• Congratulations! Like the other moms said, she'll get the hang of pulling her own pants down and back up. I love that you use jelly beans as her reward! That's a great "signal" for her to let you know she need to go potty in public without being obvious!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:39 PM on May. 10, 2010